Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

'84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3.73s, 27 inch MT's

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok more on saving $1200 a yr...i hate paying Comcast $180 month....

tell me/us about this apple and hulu please..
Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tta656
Ok more on saving $1200 a yr...i hate paying Comcast $180 month....

tell me/us about this apple and hulu please..
Hey there, sorry about that! Didn't see this!!!

Apple TV is basically a medium to stream internet based TVs, movies, etc...you can access your iTunes account and watch/listen to anything you have already purchased and prepay for full seasons of your favorite shows before they become available. All you need is a solid internet connection, a wireless router preferrably wireless-n because of its speed and an HD TV since the Apple TV gives you "1080p" picture...assuming that is the quality of the show it is broadcasting. Hulu TV is $7.99/mo and ou get access to tons of cable network shows and a bunch of other program you would normally see on TV from CSI to Law and Order to Family Guy. It archives the whole season and you can queue up whatever episode you want. Standard High Speed internet charges in my next of the woods is $65/mo plus $8 to rent the damn modem...beyond that it is only the $8/mo charge for the Hulu.

Also, and here is somthing you can do, cancel your Cable and keep the internet only. Return the box to a Comcast (or whatever your provider) satellite store, then go over to a Best Buy and work with a Comcast rep there...they don't do the two year binding contracts there, but can get you an INSANE deal for 1 year. I went back and got full HD TV and internet with HBO and a bunch of other channels, free DVR, etc... for the price of the basic internet fee...$73/mo...LOL.

It is ridiculous what htese cable companies are doing...they want to play hardball...let's do this. I was going to pay over $200/mo before now I have more ability than I ever had, and I only have to pay with the Hulu around $80/mo.

As far as the car stuff...I dropped off the heads yesterday for a valve job and spring/guide replacement. Looking forward to getting them back. On a side note, my machine shop has his dyno installed and operating so I will be taking my engine/turbo set-up over to him and will run it on the engine dyno when I have it up and running. Yes there will be some video of it. Should be a little different and fun for the site to see what a budget 5.3L build can do!

Pics to come on the engine updates shortly.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Little update for today...more to come this weekend. Got the heads back from my machine shop...great price and great service. This was just a simple clean up, valve job and Tooley spring package upgrade.

And ordered up a Tick Performance Stage 2 Turbo Cam today for the 5.3L!

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/

More to come!

Dave
Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Teching In

What staging lanes is that? Steele? I'm on mobile so I can't see your location. Good luck with build
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by biggreenz
What staging lanes is that? Steele? I'm on mobile so I can't see your location. Good luck with build
Atco Raceway my friend...I'm from NJ near Philly. Atco is my home track...I am pretty lucky. I am also close to Englishtown, Cecil, MIR, Maple Grove, Island...I have a lot of options. Atco and Etown are my primaries.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looking good man, keep up the good work ! love the Cutty.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
looking good man, keep up the good work ! love the Cutty.
Thanks dude! I will shoot you the money for the ps box in a few minutes...just got home ftom work.

Dave
Old 05-13-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

I have been talking with Martin from Tick Performance back and forth quite a bit and he has an extra special grind he wants to use on my set-up. I will be sending back the cam I just got and he will be sending me his special grind free of any upgrade charge! How's that for service!!!

More to come soon...should have some test fit stuff in a few days as well as long block assembly coming shortly as well. Gotta get the cam back then I can get moving again!

Next big purchase will be the converter and shift kit so I can put the tranny in its resting place.

Dave
Old 05-13-2013, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I just want to make sure that all of my customers have the right camshaft or parts for their specified application. If there is anything I can do within my power to make that happen, I will do it every time. This is the promise you get from Tick Performance that ANYTHING you order from us will be the best part possible for your application.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Should be getting the Tick Cam real soon. This will allow me to button up the long block and have some more pics to put up.

For now I am going to try and set some realistic goals for myself and try to run the 10.0 index class at my local tracks with a JY engine...figure that will **** a few people off. Once I get my feet wet and understand what I am doing I would like to upgrade to 8.50 index perhaps. We'll see how long that idea sticks! I change my mind more than anyone I know...thinking too damn much!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 PM
FormerVendor

Cam should be there early next week Dave! Maybe even by Friday!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Cam should be there early next week Dave! Maybe even by Friday!
FedEx is saying tomorrow!!! Hell Yessss! I better start figuring out what I am going to pull for weight savings...not to mention start beefing up all the rest of the drivetrain that is going to be destroyed from this thing...haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Awesome! Hope to hear cam sounds very soon then!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

dave glad you got hooked up with martin. thanks for the updates, mine will be making noise this weekend.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by b16gsr
dave glad you got hooked up with martin. thanks for the updates, mine will be making noise this weekend.
Nice....there better be videos associated with it!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Better be videos associated with both of these!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Better be videos associated with both of these!!!
Cam's in da house! engine will be completed this weekend. Pics to follow.

Dave
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

sweet build! I have wanted to do a cutlass with single turbo LSx for a long time. just dont have the room, or time to even think about it.

that car reminds me of the 82 that I had back in high school. the crappy 260 died and we put a 350 rocket in it from a 70 cutlass.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EVIL
sweet build! I have wanted to do a cutlass with single turbo LSx for a long time. just dont have the room, or time to even think about it.

that car reminds me of the 82 that I had back in high school. the crappy 260 died and we put a 350 rocket in it from a 70 cutlass.
Thanks man, this car used to have a 231 V6 when my bro drove it in high school, then I swapped in a mild olds 403, that ran 13s. I then got the racing bug and built up an Olds 403 into the bottom 11s. Sold that motor and now it sits as is....tragedy but all it took was one race where the steering arm broke on my competitor's car and he nailed the wall in front of me. I was fine and luckily got on the brakes hard enough and drove around him. Unfortunately my wife (then girlfriend) was there for that and she STONGLY urged me to hang it up for a while...

Fast forward ~6 years and here we are...I am very excited to get going on her again. I plan on being very detailed in my updates once I really get going and will also detail tuning of it so as to help others on this site.

Dave
Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BanditDave
Cam's in da house! engine will be completed this weekend. Pics to follow.

Dave
Awesome!

Quick Reply: '84 Cutlass JY5.3, Custom Tick Cam, S400SX4-75, 4L80e, 3.73s, 27 inch MT's