1999 Camaro SS 996rwhp stock 5.3L dyno video

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so everybody can stop wondering about the locked or unlocked or 4th lol it was locked its and 80e with a loose converter. But at any rate it is still a good bit higher dyno number than most i have seen. wish people would just give congrats where they are desereved. I mean **** i had this motor 4 years ago n/a then went nitrous with 80 plus bottles throughh it then boost at over 800 hp for a year then sold it to brad he ran it all year last year and now this year with the new turbo made 996 locked with more left in it. It is what it is i think the numbers were great. BTW i am the tuner of this car lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for chiming in Justune
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkalwei
so everybody can stop wondering about the locked or unlocked or 4th lol it was locked its and 80e with a loose converter. But at any rate it is still a good bit higher dyno number than most i have seen. wish people would just give congrats where they are desereved. I mean **** i had this motor 4 years ago n/a then went nitrous with 80 plus bottles throughh it then boost at over 800 hp for a year then sold it to brad he ran it all year last year and now this year with the new turbo made 996 locked with more left in it. It is what it is i think the numbers were great. BTW i am the tuner of this car lol
Justin 800rwhp on a stock junkyard engine is impressive. nobody is disagreeing with that. but when someone makes a video and captures the car locking up on the dyno then claims it isn't people get suspicious especially when trying to make a claim for a 5.3 record.

and put another set of head gaskets on that thing before texas lol
Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Justin 800rwhp on a stock junkyard engine is impressive. nobody is disagreeing with that. but when someone makes a video and captures the car locking up on the dyno then claims it isn't people get suspicious especially when trying to make a claim for a 5.3 record.

i am puting a set on my truck but the car no it didnt push a drop checked it did spit out some tranny fluid from the driveshaft though!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

Very nice!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

I was told it was unlocked. You're right, I made the video...all the info was told to me. Not my car, I wasnt in the car when it was on the dyno I just filmed it and made the video. Has anyone else made this much whp on a stock internal 5.3l? Going by the list on this website NO. Never knew it has rules on locked or unlocked.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make a real number, unlocked and see what it does. Probably around 100 less id guess.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I was told it was unlocked. You're right, I made the video...all the info was told to me. Not my car, I wasnt in the car when it was on the dyno I just filmed it and made the video. Has anyone else made this much whp on a stock internal 5.3l? Going by the list on this website NO. Never knew it has rules on locked or unlocked.
in all honestly you should probably let the tuner make these announcements. only thing you are doing is making him look bad when people are calling out the **** you post up that isn't true
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

in all honestly you should probably let the tuner make these announcements. only thing you are doing is making him look bad when people are calling out the **** you post up that isn't true
Uhhh...the tuner is who told me is was unlocked. I guess it wasnt. Did I put in the video it was unlocked? NO. I did on my facebook page right after the dyno run because thats what I was told BY THE TUNER.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Thats what I thought. Go start drama some where else Curtis, it gets pretty old on here.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Uhhh...the tuner is who told me is was unlocked. I guess it wasnt. Did I put in the video it was unlocked? NO. I did on my facebook page right after the dyno run because thats what I was told BY THE TUNER.
yea it was my fault i was just joking kinda figured people would have gussed with an 80e it would be locked and i will do a unlocked for everybody once the converter gets back again!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a couple guys need to go to Topeka, and settle these Dyno wars!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jkalwei
Who's convertor is it? 4L80 convertors always seem to be too tight if anything.

I didn't think it was in 4th(lol) but, who knows what was going on, the statement didn't match the video.

Like I said right after it was posted in the 5.3 hp list, nice going.

But, don't think we don't know what it means, hp wise, to be locked-up on Dynojet....
I know first hand making 800 rwhp @18 lbs on factory TTY headbolts, I knew I could get away with that kind of power on those bolts, because I was on a dynojet lockedup, and that meant less load on the engine, and less load on the factory bolts.

I wasn't going to push this until the"who else is making this kind power" stuff came up.
Hell, Denmah @ 711 rwhp on a Mustang dyno is making this or more if on a dynojet.

Again,GOOD JOB,just don't get too cocky.

BTW, I could make it to Topeka fairly soon, with some notice.
Three or four cars are getting finished up here, with 5.3s, plus my car.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

I don't see why it matters if it's locked or unlocked..... neither discredits that it's making a stupid amount of power.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just give props and move on,i see no need to ever start a issue with any of these guys,ya know sometimes when your around so many cars ,mods,etc sometimes getting every lil detail is difficult, especially when its not there car,i have been on this site for awhile and have never known anyone of these guys to bullshit or blow smoke,there always pretty straight up,and wont hesitate to help someone out with some info etc,i understand with the fact that when ya title the vid world record 5.3 it will attract people that are skeptical, that just comes with the territory, im very happy for the owner of that car,from some of the things i read on facebook he has alot going on in his life and put together a hell of a car on a budget ( stangkilr this is the same car that was on your fb page talking about the tune and what it would make correct?) Again much props to you guys and congrats to the owner
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats guys. In for more details on all the modifications. I got that it is a 5.3, 4l80, 127 lb injectors and has truck manifolds. That is about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I was impressed untill I found out the converter was locked because 996HP out of a junk yard motor is not that impressive if its locked.

I still want to see the MPH at the track.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never been a fan of locked converter dyno numbers(just good for dyno racing), but if you do at least admit it. It was said it was unlocked, then the owner of the car even commented in here and didn't correct it was locked UNTIL atomic called you guys out on it. IMO just makes you look bad when something like this happens and not the first time false numbers have come out.

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I don't see why it matters if it's locked or unlocked..... neither discredits that it's making a stupid amount of power.
Big difference in locked vs unlocked, you can't expect it to mph the numbers I said earlier as it should have if it was unlocked. It'd be like someone spraying a car with a 100 shot and claiming n/a numbers.

Originally Posted by jleews6
Well, I was impressed untill I found out the converter was locked because 996HP out of a junk yard motor is not that impressive if its locked.

I agree, mph won't be anywhere near what it would be if it was unlocked and made those numbers. The 808 locked and 139mph makes more sense why it didn't mph higher.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jleews6

So if I understand it a locked convertor makes a mechanical link with the transmission, yes? So that the engine is not WASTING energy sloshing around a torque convertor, right?
So if it was a 6 speed car you would not be impressed? And don't 4L80s almost always run better at the track than a 6 speed? So the better mph car ALWAYS makes more power?

Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro SS 996rwhp stock 5.3L dyno video