Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone make a Plug and Play dual fuel pump + hobbs switch wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
I got that same kit from them before I switched to a single 340lph Racetronix.. just to let you know if you used that plastic Y-fitting that came with their kit it will split and crack over time. It needs to be replaced with a metal Y-fitting.
I used a brass T... I couldn't locate a metal Y.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
That was kind of out of line IMO.

Why not just come out and say it?

Racetronix:

Come on now..

I have... Everything works perfectly. I had an initial issue with a pump (my fault) and when I called they were going to ship me another pump that day and I could return mine when it came in. No questions asked. I ended up fixing my problem 5 minutes after I got off the phone with them.

I have a dual 255 setup.

I'm curious... Price on dual 255s with 2 hot wire kits. I already bought mine and know what it costs. Just curious if you can actually beat it... It wouldn't be easy. You can PM me if you can't post publicly.

Lonnie does awesome work and knows his stuff. But his prices are absolutely insane. If you did enough work on your car to need two pumps, you can install a DIY twin 255 setup. If not, you probably shouldn't have done any of your other mods.
We were making DP's for f-bodies back in the late 90's. We handed over production of DP systems to Lonnie b/c he was able to offer the quality and personalized service that high-HP DP customers require. Lonnie has sold probably close to 2000 DP systems for almost every HP GM platform for which we manufacture PnP components. This includes, f-bodies, Corvettes, GTOs, GM SUVs, Cadillac, etc.

Now DIY parts bundles are one thing and PnP kits are another. If all that matters to the customer is price, we offer a full range of high-quality wiring components in our web store. We use many of these parts to manufacture weatherproof harnesses here. If you are looking for something a bit more complete, we offer universal weatherproof harnesses as well. There is something for everyone no matter what the budget.

Your comment about Lonnie’s DP system being ‘insane’ is obviously based on lack of actually having one and being able to appreciate the quality and complexity of what he is offering. All components are weatherproof and fully PnP with the factory wiring. Lonnie’s DP’s are pre-tested and c/w support. At $575.00 his system is a bargain. All parts factored in, he is covering his labor costs. You simply cannot compare his system to some off-the-shelf components thrown together and marketed as a DIY DP kit.

If you want to take the time to educate yourself on what goes into a typical Racetronix DP system then consider reviewing this product:
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...FS-G7680AN&eq=
This system shares many of the same components and features as the f-body systems Lonnie provides.

We are sure there are 100’s of customers on this forum who can vouch for the quality and value Lonnie’s DP systems offer and how there is NO comparison to DIY kits being offered elsewhere on this forum. FYI our everyday price on Walbro pumps and wiring solutions is better than most of these perpetually on-sale items.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-08-2013, 01:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
We were making DP's for f-bodies back in the late 90's. We handed over production of DP systems to Lonnie b/c he was able to offer the quality and personalized service that high-HP DP customers require. Lonnie has sold probably close to 2000 DP systems for almost every HP GM platform for which we manufacture PnP components. This includes, f-bodies, Corvettes, GTOs, GM SUVs, Cadillac, etc.

Now DIY parts bundles are one thing and PnP kits are another. If all that matters to the customer is price, we offer a full range of high-quality wiring components in our web store. We use many of these parts to manufacture weatherproof harnesses here. If you are looking for something a bit more complete, we offer universal weatherproof harnesses as well. There is something for everyone no matter what the budget.

Your comment about Lonnie’s DP system being ‘insane’ is obviously based on lack of actually having one and being able to appreciate the quality and complexity of what he is offering. All components are weatherproof and fully PnP with the factory wiring. Lonnie’s DP’s are pre-tested and c/w support. At $575.00 his system is a bargain. All parts factored in, he is covering his labor costs. You simply cannot compare his system to some off-the-shelf components thrown together and marketed as a DIY DP kit.

If you want to take the time to educate yourself on what goes into a typical Racetronix DP system then consider reviewing this product:
http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...FS-G7680AN&eq=
This system shares many of the same components and features as the f-body systems Lonnie provides.

We are sure there are 100’s of customers on this forum who can vouch for the quality and value Lonnie’s DP systems offer and how there is NO comparison to DIY kits being offered elsewhere on this forum. FYI our everyday price on Walbro pumps and wiring solutions is better than most of these perpetually on-sale items.

Lonnies quality of the kits (put together and components used) are top notch. The kit itself reflects this as does the price.
I talked to Lonnie about my fuel setup for when I was ready for my 300 hit. There is a reason I never contacted him with any other questions, I wasn't going to waste his time since I wasn't going to spend my money on his setup/recommendation. I am going to be in my fuel system for a 1/3 of the price and it will function all the same.

This is my fuel.. I'm not going to go out and do some hack job on it or just buy some cheap parts and toss them together. However, I'm not going to pay 250+$ extra for something to do the same thing I can do if I look around online and spend a few hours in the garage tinkering.

How can you sit here and compare some 600+$ kit to a DIY 200$ kit? OF COURSE there are going to be nicer parts, you are paying for them also. Not just the part, but the mark up as well as the assembly. It definitely looks good, but will function all the same. If you were comparing your 600+$ kit to the (I don't want to disclose the price I paid until I get a question to how much yours is) kit I purchased and installed, that was DEFINITELY a low blow. I directly asked your a price on your 2 255s with 2 hot wire kits and you avoided the question.
Compare two 255s with installation kits and two hot wire kits to theirs.. Guess what, you get the same thing. Shomespeed had a great price, for the same items you would be hard pressed to sell it much, if any cheaper.

I am a DIY kind of guy.. I have done almost everything myself on my build and will continue that way. Lonnies seems to be more oriented to a drop it in/plug it up and go... It is PERFECT for many people. I won't pay someone to do something I can do myself. If you knock on DIY kinds of things (even if not perfect), that is a shame. My work is not the quality of Lonnies, or the special parts he has available.. But I saved a TON of money and accomplished the same thing, and take pride in it.

So with all that you covered in your last post... And after this post. What is the price of two 255 pumps with installation kits and two hot wire kits?

I'm done touching on anything else, this could go on and on so there is no point. We have both expressed our opinions on the matter. I just want ^ answered is all.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We listed all the parts and pricing that one might consider part of a 'KIT' above along with options. Our everyday prices are better for many items and in some cases better quality. Some product recommendations are better suited to F99 apps as well.

Everything customers require to build a DIY DP is available in our web store such as weatherproof fuse holders, relays, connectors, wire, waterproof Hobbs pressure switches, loom and WeatherPack crimp tools. Pricing is clearly listed as well as product specs. Best part is that we offer one-stop shopping for quality items while saving on multiple shipping fees.

If there is enough interest, we can create a 'product bundle' in our web store with key items to make item selection easier.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-08-2013, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr
Have you installed the pumps from sho me speed yet? is it pretty straight forward and easy to install? seems like these are the way to go. With wire harness and hobbs switch it is half the price of lonnies kit.
I have installed them, but the car is still not running yet. I used the directions MIGHTYMOUSE posted in the Fueling forum sticky. I wouldn't say it was "difficult", relative to other things you have to do during a turbo build...but as others have mentioned, it is a pretty critical piece of the build and there's something to be said for not having to worry about your DIY setup and being able to drop a tested, well built piece of hardware in.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
We listed all the parts and pricing that one might consider part of a 'KIT' above along with options. Our everyday prices are better for many items and in some cases better quality. Some product recommendations are better suited to F99 apps as well.

Everything customers require to build a DIY DP is available in our web store such as weatherproof fuse holders, relays, connectors, wire, waterproof Hobbs pressure switches, loom and WeatherPack crimp tools. Pricing is clearly listed as well as product specs. Best part is that we offer one-stop shopping for quality items while saving on multiple shipping fees.

If there is enough interest, we can create a 'product bundle' in our web store with key items to make item selection easier.
How do you know your products are better???

Btw, your list left out the most important item:

A phone number where your customers can actually call and order parts = PRICELESS

I would order all the parts from Racetronix if they actually cared and provided a number to call.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GoodSpeed150
I asked in Fueling & Injection subsection but didn't get many responses.

I've been in the process of buying parts for my turbo build. Wiring isn't one of my strongest attributes so I've looked at the idea of buying the dual Walbro GSS340/GSS341 pumps and installing them myself, but having the wiring done before hand.

Does anyone sell a plug and play dual fuel pump + hobbs switch wiring harness?

I already asked racetronix but they don't make one and the Lonnies double pumper is also out of my price range. So im looking for other options.
check squash
Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

how much for this pictured harness only??
Is this for a lt1 or ls1 factory body harness?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpr
How do you know your products are better???

Btw, your list left out the most important item:

A phone number where your customers can actually call and order parts = PRICELESS

I would order all the parts from Racetronix if they actually cared and provided a number to call.
I agree. When I had a problem with my FP regulator that I bought from them, they sent a email back with a link to their forum and nothing else.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to add to this post.

I purchased a racetronix hot wire kit and fuel pump a couple months ago. I talked to both racetronix and loonies about dual pump kits and stated I wanted to reuse what i had, as it was basically brand new and in good condition. both told me to ditch it and buy a completely new system from them, the parts i had were useless... That wasn't what they told me when i purchased just a few months earlier.

Called up show me speed and talked to wes. super nice guy and very helpful. explained to him what i had and what i wanted to do. He made me a custom dual pump kit and only gave me the parts i would need to upgrade my existing pumps. I was more than happy and he told me exactly how to hook everything up, when i was told previously i couldn't...

I'd highly recommend to any one to call Show Me Speed, and if you don't fill comfortable to install your own dual pump kit you can send in your bucket and they will do it for you.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camper
check squash
It was in the new gm high tech but still isnt out yet.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Teching In

I have some questions for the racetronix guy. How to I contact or pm him?
Old 06-22-2015, 04:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andrewfus
I have some questions for the racetronix guy. How to I contact or pm him?
http://racetronix.com/contact/

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Anyone make a Plug and Play dual fuel pump + hobbs switch wiring harness