Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI Consensus Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FI Consensus Questions

I'm brand new to the site and have spent a few days reading various posts about supercharging LS1's. I'm looking at the ATI P-1SC-1 and have a few questions about differences in materials I've read.

ATI states that the maximum reliable boost pressure is 10psi with intercoolers, on stock internals. Posts that I've read on here seem to indicate that 7psi is recommended. Is that the general consensus?

I would like to run the SC for a year before I look into heads and cam to lower CR and raise boost. Is this reasonably safe?

What is the skill level required for this installation? I am technically inclined, but don't turn wrenches very often. I've heard that this particular SC is pretty much a straight bolt-on outside of changing the injectors and installing the inline fuel pump.

Is there anything else I should anticipate with this install?

Thanks in advance,
- John
Old 04-21-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of varibles apply, like octane and timing. and flow of the engine.
if its corked up with stock exhaust, you'll get more boost.
and how much timing the setup is dialed in at.
if you have longtubes, catback, using 92-945 octane you probably would set it up for 7psi would be safe, but since each car varies you might see less or more.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
alot of varibles apply, like octane and timing. and flow of the engine.
if its corked up with stock exhaust, you'll get more boost.
and how much timing the setup is dialed in at.
if you have longtubes, catback, using 92-945 octane you probably would set it up for 7psi would be safe, but since each car varies you might see less or more.
I always fill up with 93 and yes I do have LT's and a catback on (see sig). I'm not sure about the timing thing. I was planning on sending my PCM to Ed Wright for tuning after installation was complete. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

When i got my procharger i was trying to decide how much boost to run... I decide to run 8lbs with full exhaust... That seems to be the highest boost that is the safest with a good tune...

As far for installation the install isn't to bad... Took me and a friend about 6 hours just for the ati kit.... Just basic stuff.. Most of the time is making room for everything to fit...

Quick Reply: FI Consensus Questions