Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How to prevent meth spraying on 2-step?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
8 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With your supercharger the boost is there with rpm, and when you use a 2 step, the throttle will be wide open, and that will allow boost to register in the intake manifold, and on your guage.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pedals
With your supercharger the boost is there with rpm, and when you use a 2 step, the throttle will be wide open, and that will allow boost to register in the intake manifold, and on your guage.
Exactly!

Superchargers do not need load to build boost as they are not driven by exhaust gases. Superchargers need RPM to build boost as they're driven by the engine itself. Higher you set the two step in regards to RPM the more boost will be built. You can also use engine timing to fine tune boost with a supercharger as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I guess I just never noticed much boost with everything going on at 5,000 rpm. But with a D1 with methanol on a 2 step, I shouldn't need to adjust timing, right? I'd love to not have to have another controller in the mix.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Exactly!

Superchargers do not need load to build boost as they are not driven by exhaust gases. Superchargers need RPM to build boost as they're driven by the engine itself. Higher you set the two step in regards to RPM the more boost will be built. You can also use engine timing to fine tune boost with a supercharger as well.

Ok, I finally got the car back together and took it out. Revved it up to 5,000 with the clutch in and no boost from my D1 Procharger kit. Am I missing something? All the replies said, "no, you only need RPM to make boost". Now under a load while driving it went to build boost (I had to take easy, breaking in new parts) but I don't see how it's RPM dependent without a load as my car shows no boost with clutch depressed. Grant it, I don't have a 2 step on there but don't flame me too much here as I don't see what I'm missing.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

More great info
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy
Ok, I finally got the car back together and took it out. Revved it up to 5,000 with the clutch in and no boost from my D1 Procharger kit. Am I missing something? All the replies said, "no, you only need RPM to make boost". Now under a load while driving it went to build boost (I had to take easy, breaking in new parts) but I don't see how it's RPM dependent without a load as my car shows no boost with clutch depressed. Grant it, I don't have a 2 step on there but don't flame me too much here as I don't see what I'm missing.
With 2 step there will be boost. I'm the op I feel my concerns were valid but ended up not being an issue. Meth sprays on two step but it launched fine. No hesitation or anything.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Put a two step on it Troy. We have a customer with a 408 and a F1R and he wasn't able to make much boost on the trans brake with his 408 and F1R at 3800 until he put a two step on it. Then it about went on the bumper the first time he launched it with the two step/trans brake.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Informative thread. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 AM
8 Second Club

You could have a contact switch behind the clutch pedal, probably the easiest/cheapest way.
Clutch presses in, system isnt activated
Clutch out,button released,meth sprays

Quick Reply: How to prevent meth spraying on 2-step?