Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin walbro 340s on stock rails,lines,return,regulator, no hobbs wired straight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 05:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WSLN 6
Twins full time here as well. -8 feed, -6 return with Aeromotive regulator. Oh, if an aftermarket fuel filter gets plugged, they will spray fuel out the top of the gas tank......lol
As long as the vent is decent sized, you shouldn't have any issues.
What do you use for a vent?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also curious what kind of power people are hitting with dual pumps, the stock fuel line and rails, and the evap as a return line.

Seems like i have seen skinnies saying he has made north of 800hp.

Reason for running both pumps all the time is simplicity and safety. Don't have to wire in a hobbs or extra relay, and you are lessening the chance of failure by the second pump not coming on when it should.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, it will probably shorten the lifespan, but no less than the first pump that is running all the time anyway. On the other side of the coin, a failed pump running off a hobbs switch can only be found one way....by going WOT. If they are both running all the time, you can easily tell at idle if one is not working.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is kind of a good thing to read. Ive been debating between adding a single 340 or maybe a 430lph pump. But had been told the 430lph pump was too much fuel for the factory fuel setup.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda old but I found this during a search.

I have twin 255s in tank t'd together. Both run all the time and they have been in for probably 10k miles.

Well the other day I burst a 3/8" line inside (not submergible rated) while replacing the line with the appropriate rated line and testing I noticed that one of the pumps was spraying like crazy out of the hi pressure bypass. Being cheap and wanting to get it back together I simple plugged the bypass.

Now I have sooooooo much flow that the stock regulator can't keep up. It pegs the gauge at 80psi. I also tried a second regulator (eBay special) with the same thing. But using both it will come back down to 50-60 psi. I checked the return and it is not blocked

Anyone ever have issue of the stock regulator being too resteicted for the full flow?

Quick Reply: twin walbro 340s on stock rails,lines,return,regulator, no hobbs wired straight.