TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a build thread?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
Do you have a build thread?
I didn't do a build thread for my engine as nothing special was done other than putting in bearings (Main bearings - 0.0026") and rods (Rod Bearings - 0.0024") and gapping the rings ( 0.028" top 0.032" second) etc. And slapping a turbo on which has been doing a few hundred times on here.

But you are in luck! I am doing my first build thread next week actually.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...bay-heads.html

^^^ click that link and subscribe to it. To bring you up to speed here is what going on. My 4.8 won't make power passed 18lbs of boost. We turned it up to 22lbs but nothing more was made so, either my turbo is maxed out or my heads isn't up to the task. So yesterday a guy posted this link with cheap heads on ebay. The heads are fully ported blah blah so I pulled the trigger yesterday on buying them. Once again I am very very cheap. The heads are $699.00 so I just had to buy them.

So subscribe to that link and as I tear it down for the new heads I'll take pics and install the heads I'll post the results before and after... and like I said if these chinese ebay ls1 cnc heads for $699.00 are a bust. Then I'll cut one open with the band saw and measure the deck thickeness etc. And post it to see if anyone can do more with them

Quick Reply: what turbo with 5.3 to make 700rwhp