Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Porting a TVS2300

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porting a TVS2300

After trying to find more details on the subject I have came up empty. I have several questions/thoughts on the subject.

So far the top performing TVS motors have some type of ported intake. I know the factory intake isnt much over 90mm. Can I use the existing centerpoint of the snout and just open up the diameter 12mm? I have found some info that I have to be careful of not hitting any water jackets???

Also after I have the snout opened up, obviously I would have to upgrade my TB to a 102. From my understanding I will need to put a slight angle on the mounting side of the TB in order to clear the hood. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I know of several guys with BIG LS motors and prochargers still running stock TBs and making big power (1000hp+) Is all this modifying necessary to be efficient? How much more power could I hope to pick up?

Although I think the porting could all be done on a bridgeport, I do have access to some of the best machinery and machinist in the country. 5 axis is no problem, just need the info to put in. I have been also considering designing my own snout if that becomes to be a better solution.

Any info at all on this subject is appreciated.

Mods include- Forged 6L, TVS2300, Trick Flow 225s, Custom cam, E85, powerchamber, etc.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

these guys might be able to help

http://www.stiegemeier.com/tvs.html
Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oange ss
these guys might be able to help

http://www.stiegemeier.com/tvs.html
Thanks for the link!

This is on a GTO which has a different snout and clearance issues, but still nice to see how much they are taking out!

Quick Reply: Porting a TVS2300