Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A Cautionary Tale about Precision Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Thumbs down Worse yet..

Originally Posted by needaz28
why would someone even try to sell a turbo knowing its not balanced..
"He bought a 6262 for his evo and the chra was so out of balance that the wheel would swing back and forth when you spin it by hand. He still ran that turbo and it lasted all of maybe 20 miles. Hes not an idiot."
He's not??
Kinda scary to think he works on machines that fly over folks heads...
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

unionized... thats the problem..
Keep believing that........
Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ union worker...
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Yup and making more money than most because of it. If it was up to you we would be working 80 hr weeks for 8.85 and hour
Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

ha ha.... **** that.. I make pretty good money being an aerospace process engineer. "good things come to those who bust there ***" I did start off as a machinist making 8.xx something an hour. learned to weld,machine, went to school and now I work in engineering. I was not giving the job because I worked in the union for x amount of years. I was given the opportunity based on the different areas in the felid I have worked in.

however paying a kid straight out of high school 20 bucks an hour to push a broom,clean my office, or ******* because daddy has been in the union for 30 years does nothing but handycap our country and youth.

maybe you are the exception, but I have never met a " go getter" who was unionized..

99% are lazy and always seem to have there hand out.

have a good day sir! I have to finish fixing this effed "turbo kit"
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So whats precisions secret to make big power? Im saying
if there using china parts that other companies use what made
made them stand out opposed to other turbos?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ha ha.... **** that.. I make pretty good money being an aerospace process engineer. "good things come to those who bust there ***" I did start off as a machinist making 8.xx something an hour. learned to weld,machine, went to school and now I work in engineering. I was not giving the job because I worked in the union for x amount of years. I was given the opportunity based on the different areas in the felid I have worked in.

however paying a kid straight out of high school 20 bucks an hour to push a broom,clean my office, or ******* because daddy has been in the union for 30 years does nothing but handycap our country and youth.

maybe you are the exception, but I have never met a " go getter" who was unionized..

Careful up there on your high-horse. That's a mighty high fall.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

yeah unions do suck. Well, who is a company that makes turbos in america and all the parts needed, and has machining equipment. thats who I would go with personally.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Ha, a skewed view already. I was a tech at a dealership and that skill helped me land the job I have. I was an apprectice for 2 1/2 years starting off at 6.75 an hour. I don't have to ask for raises and worry if I am going to get laid off without notice. I can screw the boss' wife and he can't just fire me because he wants to. There are alot of things that people who are not union workers "think" they know about unions and with your views, you are one of them.

It's funny though, that you are an aerospace process engineer and cannot spell or punctuate correctly. Maybe you need to go back to school. We are going to leave that alone though and get back on topic about the junk that PTE makes. Sorry for the hijack OP
Old 06-16-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unions had their place in the days of JP Morgan and kids working in coal mines. Today they are fat dudes who sit around and bitch. We had huge heavy industry here in Buffalo NY, now you drive 7 miles along our water front and see open fields and crumbling buildings. Bethlehem Steel left town back in the 80's and we never recovered. My uncles still boast about the money they made then, the benefits and vacations they got.. in the end they only fucked themselves. We still have the Ford stamping plant here but that might go the same way eventually.. My friends dad works there, lives in a $250k house, has a brand new Boss 302 and countless other toys and still bitches lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

ha ha... yeah, you got me. I sucked at writing and spelling. good thing I use math and science all day.

HHmmmm... well I guess i never thought of it like that, so If I join a union I can bang co workers spouses, cheat on my wife, and be a douche bag in general..
Old 06-16-2013, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jt76
Unions had their place in the days of JP Morgan and kids working in coal mines. Today they are fat dudes who sit around and bitch. We had huge heavy industry here in Buffalo NY, now you drive 7 miles along our water front and see open fields and crumbling buildings. Bethlehem Steel left town back in the 80's and we never recovered. My uncles still boast about the money they made then, the benefits and vacations they got.. in the end they only fucked themselves. We still have the Ford stamping plant here but that might go the same way eventually.. My friends dad works there, lives in a $250k house, has a brand new Boss 302 and countless other toys and still bitches lol.
^^^ this!! I grew up in cleveland, I watched that place go to complete ****. L.S. Starret, WERNER and SWASEY, steel mills all left and folded up shop. unions ruined all of that work, the uaw fucked detriot and what happened to all the steel mills in pittsburgh?

all the unions have done since the mid 70's to present day is force people to buy junk from places like china..

why the hell should someone putting head studs in a block on an assy. line get 30 bucks an hour?

why pay an american company with over paid union workers to buy casting housings for your turbo parts. pay the chinese who are only able to sell **** so cheap because of the way they treat there own people.

then bitch that your not getting a riase, your dumbass brother can not get a job, or a family member is out on the street because there is no work..
Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

and since this is all about junk turbos.. garret is no better.

do some research about honeywell, partically there torrance ca plants. guess what happened to all 200K jobs that were there..

all that work was shipped off to brazil,mexico,ect.. why do you think that happened...
Old 06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah unions do suck. Well, who is a company that makes turbos in america and all the parts needed, and has machining equipment. thats who I would go with personally.
sadly, there are not many of those places left. best bet is to work with a GOOD turbo repair shop, if you can find one locally even better. phoenix has some good shops and with AZ being a right to work state. you dont have to worry about some lazy, wife banging douche working there because he can not get fired.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Keep believing that........
Lol I just gonna chime in but someone else beat me too. Oh and just correct your statement bout bethlehem steel, they closed down in 1997. The reason for it was bc the corporate ******* were to Fing money hungry and sucked them dry. Bc they really needed the 21 vice presidents that did absolutely but go to golf outtings and act as a boat anchor to the company. My father worked there for 39yrs and was making $56-hr when they closed. In 39yrs he never missed/took off sick 1 single day, nor did him and his crew miss there daily quota. Guess what hasn't had a single bill to this name since then either. im also a union cement worker, making Union wages! and half of you lil ***** wearing suits to work everyday wouldn't make it 20mins on my job bc
You might break a sweat or a nail lol. Before you open your mouth about unionized workers know what your talking about bc It's pretty obvious you DONT. You see the 350lbs union cop sitting at duchin dounuts sucking down jellys like Toms the end of the world. Yea I'll give you that one. But that's about it!! sorry op for getting off topic
Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Lol damn y'all are getting the **** deep, I better go get my boots on
Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

why the hell should someone putting head studs in a block on an assy. line get 30 bucks an hour?
Maybe put into context wgat said car company profits each year? Or the living conditions of third world countries they coose to farm work out too... They absolutely take advantage of both when you realize the "profit" these companies make, unions make sure the employee is not being tatally raped for wage when the end product is sold...
Old 06-16-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Lol I just gonna chime in but someone else beat me too. Oh and just correct your statement bout bethlehem steel, they closed down in 1997. The reason for it was bc the corporate ******* were to Fing money hungry and sucked them dry. Bc they really needed the 21 vice presidents that did absolutely but go to golf outtings and act as a boat anchor to the company. My father worked there for 39yrs and was making $56-hr when they closed. In 39yrs he never missed/took off sick 1 single day, nor did him and his crew miss there daily quota. Guess what hasn't had a single bill to this name since then either. im also a union cement worker, making Union wages! and half of you lil ***** wearing suits to work everyday wouldn't make it 20mins on my job bc
You might break a sweat or a nail lol. Before you open your mouth about unionized workers know what your talking about bc It's pretty obvious you DONT. You see the 350lbs union cop sitting at duchin dounuts sucking down jellys like Toms the end of the world. Yea I'll give you that one. But that's about it!! sorry op for getting off topic
You're incorrect. The steel plant here in Buffalo (Lackawanna NY) closed in 1982 with the coke ovens shutting down in 2001. Agree to disagree. Everything is made in China now and sadly manufacturing is dead in this area of the country leaving behind a wasteland. It's pretty sad really for all concerned. To clarify my "problem" with Unions is the abuses that people get away with. For example, my scumbag uncle worked for Amtrak and got into trouble and the union saved his *** and a position was created for him. He would go into work at 7am and be on his boat pounding beers by 1pm everyday in the summer.... im sure we all know "that guy". Now multiply "that guy" by 1000's and it really hurts everyone. The guy working his *** off and supporting his family and building a career, more power to him.

Last edited by jt76; 06-16-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The steel industry was going to shrink with the plastics industry growing and replacing so much in production. It was to be expected, if anyone thought it was only going to shrink back and not totally move out of country I would assume they would have continued eating while the Titanic was sinking...
Old 06-16-2013, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

I was thinking of using the nelson racing engines mirror image 88mm im waiting on a call back but im willing to bet they machine them here.

Quick Reply: A Cautionary Tale about Precision Turbo