Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Issues with RX Catch Can & PVC System......

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with RX Catch Can & PVC System......

I just finished installing a forged ls2 402 with upgraded D1 Procharger system in my 2000 C5 Corvette. Engine fired up with no issues at first. After 2 start up heat cycles & 360 miles driving the car around I blew the oil pan gasket. I am running the 3 valve RX catch can with check valve oil cap breather. The engine was kept under 3000 rpms and was never under boost. It was checked out by the engine builder and tuner and after putting a breather with out a check valve on the oil cap filler he says there is no issue. Here is where I am looking for guidance. Please correct me if I am wrong. The whole RX system is based on air pulling through the oil filler cap filter through the engine to the driver side PVC outlet. It has a check valve so no air can push out, only air can be pulled in. Then it goes from there to one of the 3 inlets on the catch can. The other two inlets on the catch can go to the intake (which has a one way check valve)with a check valve. The last 2 in front of the Supercharger inlet. Please see the diagram for the way I have it installed. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...a-vortech.html
If I am free venting the engine at the filler cap is the RX catch can system working the way it was designed? This is what I am thinking of doing. Leaving the RX Catch can but moving the hose from the drivers side valve cover to the valley cover PVC. Then running a -10 line from the right and left valve covers to a Moroso breather catch can. Let me know what you think.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it sounds like the current setup is plumbed like it should be, I don't see any problems in running it the new way
Old 06-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Thinking of running two catch cans.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the catch can off completely, run a breather setup, and see if it blows out gaskets again. If it doesn't, there's your answer.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Tuner took off the check valve breather cap and installed a free venting filter and crank case pressure issue was resolved. I just need to know where to go from here. Rip off the RX catch and and just run 2 lines from each valve cover to a vented Moroso catch can. Or move the line from the drivers side valve cover to the valley cover pvc outlet (which is currently plugged). An the run two -10 line from each valve cover to a Moroso vented catch can.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where to go? I say home depot to put together a cheap breather setup that will work. That's where I'm going.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

pm MIGHTYM0USE. his can is extremely well engineered.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b16gsr
pm MIGHTYM0USE. his can is extremely well engineered.
This. I've had one of his catch cans for a about a year now and it works great.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...n-results.html

Quick Reply: Issues with RX Catch Can & PVC System......