Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Running a FAST 102 in a Forced induction car question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running a FAST 102 in a Forced induction car question

I know there are a few people on here that are running a FAST 102 in a boosted car.

I also know that people have pulled it apart and used black RTV to reseal it to ensure there is no leaks when in boost.

I can not find a write up on this at all.

I am curious what exactly you did to reseal the intake?

I pulled my intake apart to paint it, and i want to reseal it when i put it back together.

Before my top end swap, i was running 15psi with a Paxton Novi2200sl. I expect to lose a few PSI with the better flowing heads and intake, but plan on upgrading head units before next season.

My question is, did you pull the original orange gasket seal out, and just fill it in with RTV, or did you just run a bead on top of it, and bolt it together. Or was it done another way?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a couple that leaked when the top blew into 20 pieces lol.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ haha.

per the vette forum. Although id consider the blue sensor safe stuff or the right stuff for sealing.

I cleaned ALL the old sealer out of the channel/s that the inner runners fit into. I reassembled the manifold several times (without any gaskets or sealer ) to check fit and alignment and to make some minor porting changes.

When I was ready to reassemble, I used BLACK RTV in all the channels and at the joints of each of the orange seals that seal the top and the inner runners.

I sprayed corn oil non stick spray on the top seak grooves, bolted her together and allowed the RTV to cure over night. I disassembled the top and made sure that all the joint intersections were properly formed and sealed.

Reassembled it, covered all the openings with duct tape and the vacuum lines were caped off. I filled it with water to check for leaks between the top and base.

There were NONE.

Trim the excess RTV that squeezed out inside the intake runners and re-smooth with some fine sand paper.

Your done.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what i was looking for, thanks!

So you left the orange foam looking gasket in there?

Quick Reply: Running a FAST 102 in a Forced induction car question