Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aster bracket on a procharged truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aster bracket on a procharged truck?

I was wondering if anyone has used or seen the aster bracket rotated up in the truck's procharger location? I've seen a few pieced together fixes here and there but not an aster straight onto, or slightly modified to fit a truck.......
Old 07-05-2013, 06:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are a few different truck kits depending on model year, and some are much better then the others.

I would call Bob at Brutespeed and get the best one from him and adapt what you need to with a 8 rib setup.

Our customer Steve Essing did just this and makes a solid 13-14 with his.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hellbents10
There are a few different truck kits depending on model year, and some are much better then the others.

I would call Bob at Brutespeed and get the best one from him and adapt what you need to with a 8 rib setup.

Our customer Steve Essing did just this and makes a solid 13-14 with his.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Chris is interested in finding a way to incorporate the Aster bracket to the truck, but he needs a truck to see if it can work. He is located in Round Rock, Texas if anyone wants to donate their truck for a brief time. Bob

Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hummm im in Round rock and I happen to have a procharged truck...currently its getting an 80 swap tho, but I'm pretty interested in this idea...

Last edited by milkey57; 07-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by milkey57
Hummm im in Round rock and I happen to have a procharged truck...currently its getting an 80 swap tho, but I'm pretty interested in this idea...
Let me know and we can make it happen when you're ready. Bob

Old 02-14-2014, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Did anything good come out of the truck aster bracket idea? The alternator bracket almost looks like it is flipped upside down from the F-body position to a vertical truck position......it almost looks like you could run the bracket vertical with a longer belt, and still not hit the truck hood because you have room........would be cool to see the set up on a truck.....those guys seem to be selling thier prochargers for other forced inductions because of thier belt issues.......
Old 02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hoping to get my truck finished and running in the next week or so then I plan on hittin up Bob. I think the aster bracket would be pretty neat on a truck. Hopefully something good can come out of this
Old 02-15-2014, 05:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by milkey57
Hoping to get my truck finished and running in the next week or so then I plan on hittin up Bob. I think the aster bracket would be pretty neat on a truck. Hopefully something good can come out of this
Just let us know, thanks. Bob

Old 02-15-2014, 11:29 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

House of Boost is making a killer dedicated system for the trucks. Just an FYI.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blown06
Any pics you can show? Sounds good for truck guys.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quick question to the op. You want to use the aster bracket while running the truck serpentine system, right?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94 slow
Quick question to the op. You want to use the aster bracket while running the truck serpentine system, right?
Yeah.....the aster bracket basically flipped just about upside down. Seems like if it worked it would be an easy swap for guys who have trucks that are struggling with dumping belts, and belt slip issues. Aster seems to be the best proven daily driver set up for the F-body guys......why not use something that already works was my thinking......LOL

I've seen Blown06's truck over on PT.net for a while.....runs SICK even before he had the cage and new set up on it......his set up seemed to have the kinks worked out but it seems like a lot of guys land up selling before they get to that point with the prochargers on trucks.....I dig how quick the truck was before the new set up.....LOL......sleeper for sure.....

Blown06.....I cant remember if you run the Procharger cog drive or are you working with HOB, and run thier up and coming dedicated set up? When you say dedicated kit for them is it a race set up or a daily driver set up like the Aster?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Is there an advantage to running the blower unit on the passenger side of the truck instead of where procharger's foctory kits put it? I remember seeing the kit for the TBSS from them and it might have been an early kit.....but the tubing for the intercooler seemed like it had a pipe that ran from one side of the truck clear back to the side the feed side of the intercooler and back up.........Do you know if thier truck kits do the same thing? Like I said....might have just been an early charge tube set up on the Trailblazer SS kit......and there was little to no room in those in the first place....ha ha.....the hole for the damn intake box was like the size of a dixie cup between the headlight lenses.....Ha ha......
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by JeRM82
Yeah.....the aster bracket basically flipped just about upside down. Seems like if it worked it would be an easy swap for guys who have trucks that are struggling with dumping belts, and belt slip issues. Aster seems to be the best proven daily driver set up for the F-body guys......why not use something that already works was my thinking......LOL

I've seen Blown06's truck over on PT.net for a while.....runs SICK even before he had the cage and new set up on it......his set up seemed to have the kinks worked out but it seems like a lot of guys land up selling before they get to that point with the prochargers on trucks.....I dig how quick the truck was before the new set up.....LOL......sleeper for sure.....

Blown06.....I cant remember if you run the Procharger cog drive or are you working with HOB, and run thier up and coming dedicated set up? When you say dedicated kit for them is it a race set up or a daily driver set up like the Aster?
Right now, I'm using procharger's lsx transplant cog brackets. They have been slightly modified and integrated into the motor plate along with a blower strut. Thing is rediculously solid.

Procharger also makes this same bracket for use with a serpentine belt (spring loaded tensioner), and in my opinion fits the trucks really well. Only thing with the transplant kits is that you have to buy all of their brackets for the accy's and an f-body balancer.

What I mean about the HOB set up being "dedicated" is that the blower runs off a separate belt from the accy's. I've never used or seen this kit in person.

Originally Posted by JeRM82
Is there an advantage to running the blower unit on the passenger side of the truck instead of where procharger's foctory kits put it? I remember seeing the kit for the TBSS from them and it might have been an early kit.....but the tubing for the intercooler seemed like it had a pipe that ran from one side of the truck clear back to the side the feed side of the intercooler and back up.........Do you know if thier truck kits do the same thing? Like I said....might have just been an early charge tube set up on the Trailblazer SS kit......and there was little to no room in those in the first place....ha ha.....the hole for the damn intake box was like the size of a dixie cup between the headlight lenses.....Ha ha......
I think the TBSS kits do mount the blower on the right side as opposed to the truck mounting on the left side. Problem with trying to adapt a TBSS kit to a truck is that you still have a regular procharger bracket set up but now have to spend extra setting up you accy's to the TBSS style. With as good as you can make the regular truck stuff, I don't see any reason to go through the trouble of messing with the TBSS brackets. Forget that plan.

My opinion so take it however:
If your trying to save some money and want to make less than 900 hp, stick with the regular truck stuff. I can help you get it dialed in.

If your trying to push it a bit harder, have a little extra money to spend then go with the serpentine transplant bracket.

If you wanna max out any blower from F1 to F2, don't wanna deal with any belt slip issues, and don't drive the truck everyday........go with the cog transplant bracket.

Because I have no experience with the HOB set up I'm not sure how/where it would fit in my opinions above. It does look like a slick set up though.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:53 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I forgot to mention above that the regular truck stuff can be converted over to 8-rib fairly easy and with the addition of an HD Tensioner from Joe at leftcoast32 it is a very solid set up. I was able to squeeze 23 psi out of a D1sc with this set up with no belt issues.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I forgot to mention above that the regular truck stuff can be converted over to 8-rib fairly easy and with the addition of an HD Tensioner from Joe at leftcoast32 it is a very solid set up. I was able to squeeze 23 psi out of a D1sc with this set up with no belt issues.
Was this with the pro-charger bracket that comes with the "stock" kit? Very impressive!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:27 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 94 slow
Was this with the pro-charger bracket that comes with the "stock" kit? Very impressive!
Yes.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quick Reply: Aster bracket on a procharged truck?