Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quarter Mile Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,147 Likes on 745 Posts

Our moderator staff of 84 people on this site is the best group of moderators on the entire web for a technical car performance, our guys do an awesome job 24 hours a day. We have a daily viewership of 21,000 unique IP addresses, and a monthly viewership that is on average of 150,000. We move typically a terabyte of data per month. GM is on the board and likes it a lot. They may work with us on our races for next year. GM High Tech Performance is on the way to becoming a closer partner to us for 2005 and 2006, we are looking at how we can support each other and help each other grow.

We've looked at our user info, and most users are +/- 30 years old. We have tried to mimimize use of the censor feature and tried to keep things moderated on a lighter basis so as to foster technical discussions and innovations. In the end, it's about discussing new products and ideas, and implementing them.

I have spent 5 to 10 hours a week on this feud on and off for the last 18 months and frankly we did a great job of taking most of the problem off the board. Our board is a very powerful place to discuss new products and results. The number of folks reading is enormous. But our members are turned off by arguments and fighting. In the end the folks arguing are the ones that suffer the most in terms of credibility.

Let's all just move on and try to keep all personal squabbles out of this forum. It's all we ask, or we will ban the worst offenders for a year or more.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't visit this forum too often, but I plan to start frequenting it more often. Don't forget that I'm building a supercharged LS6 '69 Camaro too. I haven't gotten the full scoop on who is or isn't causing the trouble in here. Therefore, I won't have any biased thoughts when reading replies from others.

But, let me warn you now. Due to the drama and actions that have happened historically in this forum, you can bet your *** that I'll be coming down 10 times harder on people for pulling the same nonsense in this particular forum. So, if you want a 30-day or permanent vacation from this site, I dare you to stir up the same bullshit. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you have a legitimate complaint about something, feel free to post the facts in your own thread. We have always allowed facts to be posted, but make sure they apply to YOUR situation, not someone else's. If I see you bringing up the same situation in multiple threads or sponsor threads, etc.. you might just be sitting on the sidelines.

I'm not mad that we lost a sponsor, the door is open for Rob and I'll gladly discuss that situation with him if he wants. I am mad that there seems to be a level of childishness and bickering among the FI guys. Its ridiculous!

We are all adults everyone. Of course there may always be disputes, **** happens. But, handle things maturely and professionally and there won't be any problems.

Tony
Old 04-30-2004, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

The full scoop has always been obvious and evident, and those six individuals were part of three seperate group emails that I led over the last 18 months to reduce and eliminate the fighting. On all occasions all the of the individuals were told to not post in threads started by the other faction. In the end all of the individuals have failed to varying degrees to adhere to this. Technically all of the key troublemakers could have been banned as early as last December for stepping over the line. All of them. Now some of those individuals have made a demonstrable effort to turn over a new leaf.

I have never wavered from the group emails where folks were told to not post in each other's threads. In the end, if folks can't follow the rules, and live nicely in our community it becomes a big problem and in the end undermines our relationships with a great many companies.

I would have no problem with QMP coming back but Rob and the others would have to never post in each others threads again and offenders would be banned after the offense.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob I wish you the best of luck with your business and hope your illness remains in remission.

This site and it's moderators do work very hard to keep things fair without censoring everything. Sometimes you can't get to stuff in time or you are away for an extended period and **** hits the fan. It sucks but it happens unfortunately.

Anyways I always enjoyed your progress reports with the kit and car. Hopefully you can still contribute as a member.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't post here often, since in slow and N/A, but I enojy reading Rob's progress and responses. Professional or not, I love them, as it shows his passion. So many people create a product just because there is a market, and $$ to be made. I truly belive Rob created the product because he loved it, and helped to create the market!
Rob, pleas don't stop posting your progress, and PLEASE DON'T STOP MAKING THE KITS!! I feel the numbers speak for themselves, and justify a price increase.
As for the naysayers, keep it to yourself, things almost got this bad with Patriot bashers. We should all be lucky that the people creating our products care enought to listen and dialog. GM doesn't give a **** what we think or say. They build it, tell us we like and we follow along. We need to support the ones who care and listen, and certainly push the envlope and pave the way!
Long story short,
ROB STAY!

Last edited by smokinHawk; 04-30-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I went ahead and added Captain DERTY to this forum which might help out for a while.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rob, Good luck out there with what you do. Casually stop by and post your info in here, but do it as an individual, not a company. I see no reason to pay LS1tech to spread your knowledge and update everyone on how your setup is running.

I think its funny that now when everyone is commenting about the moderating, theres a lot of it being done. Rob was right that his threads were closed instantly. Harlan who is "never around" was there to close them pretty quick. There have also been posts in this thread that have been deleted. There are also posts in here edited by moderators. I understand the moderators have been doing the best they can, but if they cant put in the hours, there's no point in keeping them around. And I also agree with Black LS1 T/A that some of the moderators are doing their job, but are being limited by the admins and it's not their fault; and for that they are not to blame; especially when the head moderator - PSJ is in this forum all day. This 30+/- so they dont need to be moderated is crap.

Now let's see if this gets edited/deleted.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see Robby... I see Johnny... I see Davey...

Old 04-30-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trojan T/A
Rob, Good luck out there with what you do. Casually stop by and post your info in here, but do it as an individual, not a company. I see no reason to pay LS1tech to spread your knowledge and update everyone on how your setup is running.

I think its funny that now when everyone is commenting about the moderating, theres a lot of it being done. Rob was right that his threads were closed instantly. Harlan who is "never around" was there to close them pretty quick. There have also been posts in this thread that have been deleted. There are also posts in here edited by moderators. I understand the moderators have been doing the best they can, but if they cant put in the hours, there's no point in keeping them around. And I also agree with Black LS1 T/A that some of the moderators are doing their job, but are being limited by the admins and it's not their fault; and for that they are not to blame; especially when the head moderator - PSJ is in this forum all day. This 30+/- so they dont need to be moderated is crap.

Now let's see if this gets edited/deleted.
How about I quote it instead.

As for me being around, I'm around more than you think.

Yeah, I locked them. It was a statement from Rob, and it didn't need a long strip of responses. Just like this thread.

I personally don't know all the details of the interactions between Rob and PSJ, nor do i care to. But I do have all the emails that went back and forth a few months ago when those in question were asked to take it off the board.

The latest explosion, I was out of town for, so was John. I got a phone call from him about the same time I saw it.

We can't live on the board 24/7, and i can only take so much crap

Generally speaking, the forum doesn't need moderating, a select few did.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by y2khawk
i can only take so much crap
And so can I.

I do find it interesting that NOBODY was "out of town" last night when I posted. They only seem to be out of town when I'm getting bashed.

Probably just a coincidence though...
Old 04-30-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Don't forget that I'm building a supercharged LS6 '69 Camaro too.
Speaking of which, what's the deal-EE-O??
Tommorrow will be May 2004, and I haven't heard any soundclips of 'dat blower!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Come on Rob, they were out of town. You shouldn't be one to criticize when someone isn't around, as you have also been very difficult to reach or get a reply back to your customers at times.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
And so can I.

I do find it interesting that NOBODY was "out of town" last night when I posted. They only seem to be out of town when I'm getting bashed.

Probably just a coincidence though...
If you think so, sure.

I'll be in AZ all next week, so everyone that wants to bash, bash away
Old 04-30-2004, 04:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I was in Los Angeles for a wedding for four days and it was innapropriate for me to dial in since we were staying with friends of my fiance who I was meeting for the first time. Harlan was at the GM Proving Grounds at Arizona.

It's unfortunate to have this problems flare up overnight.

I checked, we have exactly 17 people banned right now out of 20,000 users. That's a low number. 10 of those accounts are low-count trolls.

If we are doing such a bad job this site would be totally out of control and down the toilet. That is simply not the case.

Rob if you are more comfortable just being a member posting results that's great in the end we all can do what we are most comfortable with... The cold hard fact is that the fight since January has been mostly Rob and Jarrod. The other guys have chilled out bigtime.

None of this stuff is personal whatsoever. Whatsoever. We benefit when everyone is doing well and having a good time.

Only other ongoing issue we have on the site is the JPR stuff. Pretty good for over 20,000 registered members and 40,000 lurkers.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I mean 22,000 registered members.

We get 160,000 unique IP visits per month I guess our format works for most people.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Anything can work for a while PSJ. If you're happy with the way the Board is run, despite all of the unsolicted comments/suggestions from others, I guess that's all that matters. After all, you ARE in it for the money, and everyone else is only here for the information sharing.

There should never have been a problem between Jarrod (RICE ETR) and myself allowed to go on. I NEVER jumped into one of his threads and posted. I kept to the agreement 100%. And if you were going to be out of town for a week, along with Harlan being out of town, then why wasn't SOMEONE put in charge???? If you leave and don't make sure the board is going to be policed, then I am forced to respond. It's my prideful nature. I've given you WAY TOO MANY CHANCES to take care of the problem "your own way". You didn't.

I'm sure that GM is really impressed with the way you allow your PAYING sponsors to be bashed.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I detailed how many folks are banned to illustrate how well the board operates for the most part. I'm disappointed that folks still continued to not get a long.

I in no way harbor ill will or feelings for any shops. To that end if we can fix things up I am all for it but in the end we might have to totally ban someone to make it work - we'd have to see.

I am for sure not perfect and never claim to be. Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2004, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Rob, quit playing innocent. You only make yourself look foolish if you claim LS1TECH is only here for the money. If that were the case, none of the owners would even participate on the site, we would just sit back and collect checks. We wouldn't be organizing racing events, or flying around the country to attend events, or going to SEMA to meet our sponsors, etc...

As for PAYING SPONSORS, we sure didn't receive your check for this quarter....30 days late now.

Drop the halo Rob, its ridiculous. We don't tell you how to run your business, don't tell us how to run ours.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Fiery Features Director

Stop trying to point fingers and concentrate on the issues! Everyone needs to step back and look at the big picture. Were the mods here 24/7 to watch over everything? NO! Should they have to be? NO! Come on people... we are all adults and should be able to take care of ourselves. We shouldn't have to have other people playing mommy and daddy and slapping our hands everytime someone says something that someone else doesn't agree with. If certain people would learn how to answer criticism in a mature manner, things would never get out of hand like they did. Obviously there was fault from both sides... no one is perfect! To blame all of this on the mods and admins is absolutely hysterical! Remember, they are the people that keep this entire site up and running... for who? And no... I don't think it is all about the money because they had no idea this site was going to be this big when they started it. You don't see these guys begging for money from the members or pocketing the sponsor money to pay for personal needs (no, this is not LS1.com). These guys spend a very large portion on things for this site... to better this site and to make the members happy!

As far as Rob goes... I don't know him that well. I have to admit that I was a bit upset that after writing out a long pm asking for some help and opinions, he completely ignored me. However, I don't really hold that against him... I just talked to another person that helped me out. Rob seems like a decent guy most of the time but sometimes things did get out of hand. Some of the members were pretty harsh and some of his responses were not very "proper"... but hey, he's human just like everyone else.

I just think everyone should realize that mistakes were made on both sides. No one is really "at fault". A decision was made and hopefully this will solve his problem.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Points have been made. No need to continue arguing. Looks bad on the Admin's and Rob's part. Hopefully now Rob will concentrate his efforts of sponsoring his own message board. Rob, you going to post up there man? Maybe you should start posting your info and progress that we all like reading on that site. It'll definitely bring more traffic.

Quick Reply: Quarter Mile Performance