Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lifted heads on 5.3!! Back pressure??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
Yeah talk to Luis...he is the owner of Paradise and a stand up guy. He helped me out quite a bit when I had the Sr20. At that time no one in the 240sx community was really using BW and a few even made fun of me for choosing them at that time. A few months later my buddy cranked out 622rwhp on his SR20 after I sold the S366 to him.

Yea I saw his name on there, whats your name? ill use it as reference, future benefit for you.

Dnt you just love when slow ppl crack on you, then when you come out nasty they start polishing your *****? lol

i actually had a s366 that was gonna go on the first time but I sold for the t76, shoulda kept that **** prolly woulda done better.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Herb Santos. If I am not mistaken I started dealing with Paradise in 2005....time flies. I used to date a girl down in Bowie so I was always in the MD though I never personally met Luis just knew him via phone and email.

Haha yeah at that time everyone was on the GT35R bandwagon in the 240sx community. Unfortunately I never got to personally enjoy the turbo but was fortunate enough to take my buddies SR for a spin with the S366. It was a nice setup for a 4 cylinder and with his stage 3 head it was revving to 8200rpm all day long with no issues.

Looking at your thread I am def stoked to get my 5.3 turbo setup going. I am going to be a bit more conservative and only shoot for low 10s so I am thinking somewhere in the low 600rwhp mark should get me there. If you have any extra pix of details of your set please feel free to shoot them my way via pm or email. I am a very visual person so I love looking at different setups. Looking forward to your S475 build....going to be a monster!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Herb Santos. If I am not mistaken I started dealing with Paradise in 2005....time flies. I used to date a girl down in Bowie so I was always in the MD though I never personally met Luis just knew him via phone and email.

Haha yeah at that time everyone was on the GT35R bandwagon in the 240sx community. Unfortunately I never got to personally enjoy the turbo but was fortunate enough to take my buddies SR for a spin with the S366. It was a nice setup for a 4 cylinder and with his stage 3 head it was revving to 8200rpm all day long with no issues.

Looking at your thread I am def stoked to get my 5.3 turbo setup going. I am going to be a bit more conservative and only shoot for low 10s so I am thinking somewhere in the low 600rwhp mark should get me there. If you have any extra pix of details of your set please feel free to shoot them my way via pm or email. I am a very visual person so I love looking at different setups. Looking forward to your S475 build....going to be a monster!

for sure, 8200rpm??!! and rocker arms didnt fly off? lol

I think with 600whp you should dip in high 9's with good tires. I have a build thread on here, if you look at all the threads I started it should be in one of them, there isnt many ive started.

I cant wait either but its ending up costing me alot more then I excepted so its gonna take time mainly to buy all the little ****. then off to
Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

No issues at all shifting at that rpm for him. He had the solid lifter conversion with the original head I had that was put together using the Ferrea Dual Valve Spring kit and a bunch of other crap I cant even remember since it was a while ago. Only issue is he had to constantly check the shim and other tolerances in the head since he was living 50-60% of the time on the rev limiter. The abuse he put that thing through made me a true believer in Ferrear products though their price jumped up like 40% since I had bought the setup. Now lots of SR people do the Solid Lifter Conversion thing so they dont have Rocker Arms or anything else popping off.

Will check your other threads. And yes I can see how switching to a S475 could be costly lol.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Launching!

No issues at all shifting at that rpm for him. He had the solid lifter conversion with the original head I had that was put together using the Ferrea Dual Valve Spring kit and a bunch of other crap I cant even remember since it was a while ago. Only issue is he had to constantly check the shim and other tolerances in the head since he was living 50-60% of the time on the rev limiter. The abuse he put that thing through made me a true believer in Ferrear products though their price jumped up like 40% since I had bought the setup. Now lots of SR people do the Solid Lifter Conversion thing so they dont have Rocker Arms or anything else popping off.

Will check your other threads. And yes I can see how switching to a S475 could be costly lol.

ok so he did solid lifters, good idea. lol ferrea is what I was gonna put in my KA till I got smacked into the V8 world, then **** changed as you can see. I would've never thought that I would get to this point 3 years ago. Hell of a experience.

Def. check the threads out.

Wonder if lil john or martin@tick can chime in on my cam specs with a s475 t6, what effects will I see?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

^^A change for the better. As far as tires go I have some 275/40/R17 MT ET Streets for everyday use and MT Bias Ply 26x11.5x16 for the track/tune. I will def keep the boost and power down a bit on the streets with the ET's.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like the cam is the major prob. Get a turbo specked cam or at least a stock LS9 cam.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Launching!

^^A change for the better. As far as tires go I have some 275/40/R17 MT ET Streets for everyday use and MT Bias Ply 26x11.5x16 for the track/tune. I will def keep the boost and power down a bit on the streets with the ET's.
Awesome, im running on the same 26x11.5x16 bias ply tire.

Originally Posted by socal
Sounds like the cam is the major prob. Get a turbo specked cam or at least a stock LS9 cam.
How? also would it still be a major prob. on the s475?

Quick Reply: Lifted heads on 5.3!! Back pressure??