Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

halltech ecm and dual fuel

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default halltech ecm and dual fuel

like to get some feedback on this plan. I'm considering a halltech ecm and running dual fuel on my TTiX twin turbo corvette. I'd use the stock fuel system for the primary injectors and a dedicated tank and fuel pump activated by the halltech to come on line with boost.

considering using E85 or race gas on the "secondary" fuel system

I need to find a good intake that I can modify for a second fuel rail and have it fit under the hood (don't want the tunnel ram style unless it has short runners)

might have to have an intake fabricated, who would be the best choice? (only really familiar with wilson and hogans)

the halltech integrates well with the c5 and runs the gauges and allows the boost by speed controller and will allow me to sell off my Alchy conntrol system (or maybe throw it on the turbo buick!)

thanks for any ideas!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be talking to doug @ ecs and the haltech rep at corvettes at carlisle next week and I'll report back what I find.

also thinking of just adding the additional injectors to the up pipe as it would be much easier than replacing the manifold.

a little concerned about fuel distribution with this approach but since it would be under boost (about 7-10 psi) before the secondary injectors kick in, it would probably be just fine.

I've had some problems at 12 psi on pump gas killing the electrode on the number 7 plug, didn't look lean, so it might have been detonation.

for now I backed the boost down to 10 and the car feels just as fast!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have used Blake in Springfield, MO to modify a few intakes for us, if you need a short intake you can do the bbk intake that is what I did for my ltd. Or you can do the vic jr intake and short elbow to clear the stock hood I would believe(we use this intake on a 3rd gen firebird. We have used 2 stock pcms or the holley dominator to control the injectors.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

both the bbk and the holley ls6 style intake look pretty good.

I'd like to polish one up. may just go with "flex fuel" and e85 as that would be a bit less complicated

but the haltech looks good and integrates well with the c5 dash and gives me the boost by speed and wideband fuel trim I want along with the tranny control

also looking to go with paddle shifters on the rpm lvl 5 4l65e tranny

haven't found anything that works well with the c5 steering wheel yet, so a new wheel or some fabrication to mount the paddles may be needed

also looking to do the .82 turbo housings and bump up to a slightly bigger trim turbo packaging on the c5 with the TTix is very tight

last upgrade is the champion 3 downpipes looking to bump from 800 at the tire to 1k and use the boost by speed to ramp it all in by 100 mph so it will hook

the e85 should really help it live without breaking the bank running race gas

anyone know where e85 can be found in the Alex Va area. might have to "brew my own" or buy it in barrels which is kinda of a hassle.

thanks for the tips!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you run e85 as secondary fuel system, just buy a drum of it and be done. Drum should last you quite awhile since its only the secondary fuel.

Quick Reply: halltech ecm and dual fuel