Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Want some input before I start hacking up my TA bumper for a FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Yes, it will but how about not having to do any cutting to the bumper at all? You could leave the bird in the middle and still have fog lights. No meth kit either. Have one cooling source instead of 2.
Id still need to install another heat exchanger for the water in the A2W IC. No thanks. I have enough heat with just the AC condenser and the radiator.

I broke one of my fog lights anyways and I tossed the stock bumper support and fog light brackets too, and my license plate area is already cut so Im not looking back at this point.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Id still need to install another heat exchanger for the water in the A2W IC. No thanks. I have enough heat with just the AC condenser and the radiator.

I broke one of my fog lights anyways and I tossed the stock bumper support and fog light brackets too, and my license plate area is already cut so Im not looking back at this point.
Nobody said it had to go by the radiator, plus you're only cooling down maybe 130* water and no need to buy methanol all the time either.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where else would the A2W heat exchanger go, if not by the radiator? Not like there is room for it anywhere else in the car either. And its not like Im buying methanol all the time either.. I still have more than 3 gallons of a 5 gallon tank that I bought 2 years ago. The system really doesn't use a lot at all..

Why has this thread become a debate about A2W vs A2A? I just wanted some opinions about trimming my fog light cutouts..

/thread
Old 08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, you asked about aesthetic look of your car and I offered the look of making it look stock in front.

Don't worry about it. I was just offering some ideas. Nevermind I even said anything.

Back to topic.

Quick Reply: Want some input before I start hacking up my TA bumper for a FMIC