Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Trust MAP or boost gauge when looking for pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
There is a lot Id change in that tune.

Your tuner needs to change the injector bank select since the computer still thinks it has the LS1 assignment (bet you have split fuel trims if your tuner had CL on, probably why he turned it to OL to mask the problem)

WOT is commanded AFR at 12.1, I think it would help to be a little richer, plus the VE table doesn't look right IMO.

Like you mentioned this is not the updated tune, but I would for sure have more timing in it. At the moment its not even referencing the high octane tables so timing is be reverted to the "drive" spark table.

Your Map sensor Offset and linear values appear to be right for a standard 2 bar Map sensor and I crossed referenced that part number and it appears to be a 2 bar map

Just to make sure its going into SD, Id uncheck the MAF boxes in DTC's, set the MAF fail to 0 Hz, 0 out the MAF chart (all but the first few Hz cells), and set high RPM disable to 12,000 instead of 4,000

Are you running a return fuel system or not?? IFR says you have a Boost referenced Regulator (1 to 1) but your offset tables says you don't.

Trans settings can't be right for your gearing/tire size/ and WOT RPM, bet it shifts super early in WOT
Can the car even run correctly if the computer fires the injectors in the ls firing order if thats what your saying?

I see 11.0 A/F on my wideband and the tuner said he has it set at that too. Maybe other things factor in???

The car has thrown P0102 code ever sense we did the SD tune, could this have something to do with what your saying above about the MAF. I dont have access to change anything on the tune at this time, the tuner is also about an hour away from me. I always forget to tell him about the code and to have it not show up anymore.

I have the stock fuel lines and regulator with the lonnies douple pump and hobbs switch.

I had him change some stuff in the trans this last time, the trans would shift fast out of first at low RPMs, hard to tell at high RPMs in first though because of wheel spin. Higher gears seems to shift good when I get on it though.

Thanks for looking at it though. I'll speak to him about this stuff and see what he says. Every tuner has their reasons for doing what they do for good or even bad reasons, hopefully all good.

Quick Reply: Trust MAP or boost gauge when looking for pressure?