Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid

Plan is to do a twin setup on my 89 Camaro. Side mount style. Not trying to make crazy HP. Im thinking 450-550hp range. Space might be an issue. Never seen this type of setup on any thirdgen before so i have no idea what is involved. If i can go smaller im all for it. Just dont want to put the wrong turbo in and find out i need to go bigger or smaller for that matter. Im open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Joey
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 AM
12 Second Club

Bump.....
Old 10-17-2013, 04:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm confused...what engine we talking about here ??

You want to do a twin turbo install, and only make 500hp ??

That's kinda weird. A lot of outlay and work for virtually no return. Such tiny turbo's would always be miles off any efficiency range, and the turbines likely so small it would be choking the engine most of the time.
Although it might make lots of torque below say 3000rpm
Old 10-18-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

by the sounds of it, you don't need to be doing this. But as this is LS1tech and everyone starts somewhere, please start reading up on turbos, setups, what is required. Especially the stickies in the forced induction section.

I'll put it this way, if you go with, say twin 60mm turbos, ball bearing, and a nice LS1 you will make 600hp or more at ~8psi~10psi.

I'll also say, a single 60mm turbo is good for ~480hp. 67mm is good for ~550~600 possibly on some setups.

So yeh, need to know more about your setup and plans
Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

not to go off topic but can you post a bigger pic of the headlights??? looks custom? 1 piece? im intrigued.. and good luck on the build
Old 10-18-2013, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

If i can make more than 500hp that would be awesome. I just didnt want to sound like i wanted to make 1000hp+ on a stock motor. A few mods done to it. I have been talking with Huron Speed, he suggested a T3/T04B turbo. Still need to work out the specs once im ready for them. I mean this setup would be much more efficient than an STS setup right?

ZL1Killa, really the plan is to have twin setup that makes great HP on a stock motor efficiently. I know that even a single turbo do the same. But how awesome would it be to have a twin set up?. I know it sounds crazy. I have a set of 243 heads ready to go on. Whatever HP i make im sure it will be more than if i were to do a H/C setup.

5.3 Continental, the headlights are off a BMW E36 car. yeah all custom.

Last edited by ramair21; 10-19-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ramair21
If i can make more than 500hp that would be awesome. I just didnt want to sound like i wanted to make 1000hp+ on a stock motor. A few mods done to it. I have been talking with Huron Speed, he suggested a T3/T04B turbo. Still need to work out the specs once im ready for them. I mean this setup would be much more efficient than an STS setup right?

ZL1Killa, really the plan is to have twin setup that makes great HP on a stock motor efficiently. I know that even a single turbo do the same. But how awesome would it be to have a twin set up?. I know it sounds crazy. I have a set of 243 heads ready to go on. Whatever HP i make im sure it will be more than if i were to do a H/C setup.

5.3 Continental, the headlights are off a BMW E36 car. yeah all custom.
There is nothng more or less awesome about a single or twins.

But the turbo setup has to be a sensible match for the motor. In many ways, the physical installation of a single will be easier than twins. Although it will depend on space available.

Generally speaking, the closer the turbo is to the engine, the more efficient it will be.
But for such a lowish goal, a medium sized single would make more sense. Then if you did want to push harder at a later date....buy another the same size and switch to twins.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid