Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are learning as I am Ron..
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dezlfrek
Adam.
I took my wife out for our first drive yesterday evening. Just a short 5 mile trip around the block to see the new gauges work. The brakes are amazing and about the only complaints I have are that the exhaust system is too loud, and the Heim joints on the 4 link system make a lot of noise. I think the next project will be either buying or making different ends for the linkage arms to use plastic bushings. I got a quote from Turbo Resource for some stuff, but I want to read a bit more before I take the plunge. A single would be easiest, but I have all winter to work on it so twins could be done if it would give a better end result.
RonA
Old 10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Tinindian
Heads dont really matter much when your forcing air thru them...A s475 turbo spools just fine on a 5.3 with a cam that has a smaller exhuast duration then the intake so there isnt wasted exhuast when the valves open. Foot braking my car with a th400 and 3000 stall im getting a 1.47 60ft and it spool fairly fast. A larger hot side is how you make the power. Ive seen lots of 5.3s make low power cause of small turbos. Currently mine is making 633whp at 13lbs stock 5.3 comp turbo cam and pro flow intake.
Wasted exhaust when the valves open?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dezlfrek
If this was a turbo charged diesel, I'd say that the turbo(supercharger) was a really good size for daily driving. If I could find a primary charger that could move 90-100lbs/min @ a p.r. of 1.5-1.7 and gate it so it wouldn't go any higher, then feed that into the MP112 it would be about right. I'd have this nice bottom end power I have now(even more if I'd do the 408 stroker kit), and up around 4500rpm when the supercharger is starting to run out of steam, the primary charger would start force feeding it as it spooled up. Kinda makes me wonder Adam.

RonA
Old 10-27-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feeding turbos into a roots style blower is extremely inefficient. The blower becomes a major restriction and heat generator.

Quick Reply: how much hp gain can be expected