Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 lm7 opinions needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what I might do is just get some of the basic stuff so that I can get the motor swapped over amd actually running. Then add the other mods later down the road. Since it's gonna be NA for awhile, I don't really need the forged stuff yet, plus I gotta purchase all the other parts to go lt-> ls haha
Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like a good plan. Hell, you could even turbo the stocker and play with boost for a little while before doing the forged build.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would just go turbo now. Makes waaaay more sense. If not your going to spend a ton of money to make it fast NA and then a ton more money to change everything so it can run on boost.

If you want to rebuild your engine then just rebuild it using stock parts. Open the ring gaps a little, flip the truck manifolds, put an ON376 mm on it with the LS6 intake, cam, and LS2 chain. I would put some Brian tooly springs on it, use stock rockers, stock pushrods, stock lifters, etc.. The H2 pan is cheap and works fine. It sits a little low but works great. Use the factory Pcm, wiring harness, and get a good tune to run 91 and meth. 700hp will be no problem and will last a long time.

Stock48 rebuilt his 6.0 to stock specs and runs 5.30's in the 1/8th and drives his daily.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Dang. Haha. Will the 5.3 harness be easy to incorporate into an lt car, or should I just get an ls f-body harness?

I was thinking of just getting a new intake and new hardware, and basically just the stuff I have to swap to get the motor into a car, and just running that for the time being till I save for my turbo stuff.

I don't really want a "fast" na motor now, I jist want it to run till I can get my turbo stuff. I'm gonna have to get the swap parts, and redo the exhaust. So I'll most likely purchase turbo parts through the months and then do it later next year?

I wish I could just win the lottery -____- haha

Quick Reply: 5.3 lm7 opinions needed!!