Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How far have you seen the procharger D1 pushed

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Don't worry about it. Let's spin it until it cries.

Seriously though since we have less drivetrain loss it should make a good bit and we have seen plenty vette's in the 800's until they get bored and go F series.
O we shall see what Allan can pull out of it
Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls3 slo-poc
O we shall see what Allan can pull out of it
Enough for you to say "there it is"
Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A local shop says they regularly make 850rwhp in C5/C6 (manual trans) platforms with D1SCs.. But I have also seen them have 20* timing in them as well so.... Take it with a grain of salt.. I definitely think an honest 800-825 rwhp (stick tranny) is common.... Not too sure about much more then that unless its a real aggressive tune.

Boost PSI is irrelevant.. What matters is the max impeller speed and its correlation to your engine combo's powerband(ie camshaft).

One thing I have noticed is, every combo is different and every Dyno is too.. Combos that "should" make "X" power do not... And combos that you would only expect to make "x" really end up making "X"..

Parasitic losses from drivetrains and restrictions from exhausts can really skew the results of what it "should" make..

To believe everything you read on the net, you would think every combo will make 1000hp...
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

If I'd have to bet I would guess 820 which I think is pretty damn good for a D1SC.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
D1SC's may be more common, but you can still have a D-1 in every application that is available for the D1SC.

At any rate; the D-1 is slightly more capable than the D1SC. Most D1SC's max out at about 15#'s of boost. I have heard of some hitting maybe a pound or so more. The D-1 will max out at around 18#'s and some have even hit more than 20#'s.

There are those that have broke the 800 RWHP mark with the D1SC. Although I would say that MOST people do not see this kind of power with it, I can say with some confidence that if your main goal was a specific 800 RWHP with it you could make it happen. From the OP's list of planned mods though, I don't know if it would happen. It would be in the ball park though if you have no belt slip, a good cam for the blower, and have a pulley combo and free flowing setup to allow max boost. FWIW, your chances would be better with the D-1. Or you could just have pretty much a garuntee and go with an F-1 unit.
Slap a maxed out d1sc on a stock 4.8 (and you will likely see 20+psi). Now put that same maxed d1sc on a 632" big block and I'm sure it wouldn't even make 15.

You have no clue what you are talking about and should not post. lol

Quick Reply: How far have you seen the procharger D1 pushed