Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2000 Mustang GT 347", single 88mm True street style Ride..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Looks good
Thanks Dan! Yours is too man!

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
When doing a swap like this how do you get all the ford gauges to work with the gm stuff?
I have no idea, haha! I had no intention of trying to make that work. I know of two mustangs who did make it work, but i couldnt tell you how they did it.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Man im getting close now. Sucks i wont work on it again for over a week, to many prior engagements with the Family and work....

But as it stands, ive ran the power wires from the front to the back, got the holley in behind the dash, started plumbing the steam vents, using -4 line, ran to a can, then the overflow will be down under the front end above the radiator.

Got the new Ford Countour fans mounted, form what I understand that bad boys pull over 11000 cfm or some jazz, and they fit really nice. Mounted the BOV, welded the IAT bung in, I even went as far as to Prime the engine with my Tubrowerx EXA pump. I pumped fresh oil in through the LS Oil cooler bypass plate, where most of use get oil for the turbo from. Pump 2 gallons through the motor, had oil through all the Pushrods, went ahead and troqued them down... Getting stupid close now. Just some house keeping crap to do now and fill her up with oil and fuel... Whoop. blap blap blap

As far as Fab, wastegates, and standoffs to mount the new vette gas pedal.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Dare i say this car might run this week????

i only have to fab/install the wastegates, run a power wire and wire the fuel pump....

Even spent some time messing with the DBW tonight... it works! haha. I did something right!

I DID SOMETHING RIGHT! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Major letdown. . . I entered this thread hoping to see your junk up and running. . . Looks good, ready to hear it run.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Major letdown. . . I entered this thread hoping to see your junk up and running. . . Looks good, ready to hear it run.

Didnt you know, im forever in a perpetual state of building never running.... lmao. Except for the last mustang.

I am pretty confident i will hear noise this week yet. Im putting together a base tune now so that when im ready, i dont have to mess around with that crap.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAX04
Didnt you know, im forever in a perpetual state of building never running.... lmao. Except for the last mustang.

I am pretty confident i will hear noise this week yet. Im putting together a base tune now so that when im ready, i dont have to mess around with that crap.
lol. . . some people have more fun building than driving. Maybe that is you.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

lol. . . some people have more fun building than driving. Maybe that is you.
haha! I think there was a time when i wouldve agreed with this statement, but i think, anymore, im just ready to drive. period. lol.

Even though, as soon as this car moves under its own power, i've got two more mustangs (friends cars) that are requiring turbo kits... yippie. lol
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JAX04
haha! I think there was a time when i wouldve agreed with this statement, but i think, anymore, im just ready to drive. period. lol.

Even though, as soon as this car moves under its own power, i've got two more mustangs (friends cars) that are requiring turbo kits... yippie. lol
As soon as this one drive it will be sold, lol, or traded. You know its true.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:54 AM
TECH Veteran

As soon as this one drive it will be sold, lol, or traded. You know its true.
Damn you! lol.

All of my friends and family use this same line on me! haha.

However, i can assure you, unless I fall on hard times, this car is not going anywhere. This car is too nice to let go now. The only other car that was this nice was the GTO, and it was totaled...
Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

made some progress tonight, of course, Now the old lady is getting sick of me spending every night in the garage! haha. She also said "i really want you to finish this car so i can have a ride".... of course i followed with...

"babe you can have a ride anytime" haha!

Anywho. I went ahead and fabbed up the gates tonight, and finished the drip tank for the turbo drain, i ran out of Argon doing the wastegates, so you guessed it... ****...

Anywho, im about done, bought the rest of the AN fittings i needed to redo the feed to the pump since i switched to the fuel cell vs the sumped tank. I will start this car this week!

Here is the "compelted" minus finish weld and heat wrapped hotside...

Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 PM
TECH Veteran

WELL!

I've been working on the car all week trying to get it prepared for start up....

I'm almost 100% here now. I got the wastegates welded on and installed, air lines ran to them, i used the block silicone stuff that pushes into the fitting and locks in. I really like this stuff, makes tight bends, look clean, and matches everything else.

I cleaned out the charge pipe, the intake, and fuel rails, FINALLY removed the tape from the heads and INSTALLED AND BOLTED DOWN THE INTAKE! That is a big deal haha.

I finally got my square/triangle coils in today, and got them on, sorta... Not exactly sure what im going to do with this.

As it stands, i need to install my new 160# upper injectors when they arrive tomorrow and drill some holes in the trunk for the new pump feed lines since going cell rather then sumped tank, fill her up with oil, hook up the spark plugs, connect the battery and and fill it up with water and fuel... Oh and connect the fuel lines, im sure there is some other little things to do, but they will be systematic, even spent time cleaning things up, i like to pile **** on the cowl, thats all put away, and cleaned, windows cleaned... im getting ready for a fire up this weekend, hopefully.

Here are some current pics.

Oh yeah, the thing that might put a hitch in my giddy up... When re-installng the darn turbo hot pipes, i broke the passenger side vband clamp... piece of junk, so gonna have to try to find one local... that should be fun...

Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Just a quick update and vent session.

I spent Saturday and Sunday trying to fire this car up with no luck, its got fuel and spark, cam is in there correct. Still no fire. Im at a loss for understanding and its aggrevating. RPM shows somewhere around 140ish while cranking, cant remember exactly, getting fuel and spark... just no fire. Im gonna do compression test tomorrow...

I have no idea really, i thought i did everything right, i even went as far as to pump oil in through the bypass/block off plate, a 5 quart jug to prime the motor.... I know that wouldnt matter, but i thought for sure i had taken the time to do things right.

So I really dont know. I'll report back tomorrow after i do a compression test and replace the crank and cam sensors again, for good measure. ugh
Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

what are your holley efi settings for cam and crank sensor?

have you taken a system log of a crank to see what the sensors are seeing?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:42 AM
Staging Lane

Car looks great, I don't know where you have your constant 12v wire running to but make sure it is a source that is powered while cranking and not just key on. That kicked my *** for a hour during my 1st start up.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
what are your holley efi settings for cam and crank sensor?

have you taken a system log of a crank to see what the sensors are seeing?
Crank is set to LSx24 tooth. and the crank is defaulted at what ever it is behing the scene. I thought you had to do a "custom" ignition to change the cam settings? And nope i never thought to do that as it was reading cranking RPM, so it never crossed my mind.

Originally Posted by 73turbo53
Car looks great, I don't know where you have your constant 12v wire running to but make sure it is a source that is powered while cranking and not just key on. That kicked my *** for a hour during my 1st start up.
Thank you. I have the 12v source direct to the battery for these test on a toggle switch.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good man. Hope you get the issue sorted and can fire it up!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Red.

I have a few things to try now, so i'll try again possibly this evening.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Teching In

it better run soon!!! tired of listenin to ya bitch about it lol thanks for the constant help again kyle. I appreciate it.

-Rob
Old 04-15-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Funny guy you are! lol

im optimistic about the what im going to do.

71chevy brought up a good point that caused me to pose a question to holley.

What are the back ground cam/sync/sensor setting behind the Default LSx24th ignition parameter?

According to them, depending on the firmware version, it could be digital rising OR falling.

I remembered from my wastefire days that i had to put that sucker on digital falling, so im going to do a "custom" ignition and manually set that to falling.

Also, he said if that doesnt work, select "NO SENSOR" for the cam, and select "wastefire" for the coils, if the engine runs, then there is a problem with my cam/sensor/sync
Old 04-23-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Forgive the mess and the ugly guy behind the camera... ITS ALIVE

Quick Reply: 2000 Mustang GT 347", single 88mm True street style Ride..