Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Benefits of E85 + meth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 746 Likes on 547 Posts

Unless you have the ability to control fueling to individual cylinders having an EGT on each cylinder isn't usually necessary. Make a pass on a new set of plugs and put the EGT probe on the leanest looking cylinder. Keep that cylinder away from the danger zone and technically the rest of your cylinders should be "safe". I've never seen unsafe EGT levels when using E85 by itself, but it would be nice to see how much difference is made with aux inj.

The amount sprayed varies depending on how much of your total WOT fueling you want replaced with meth. There are no set nozzle sizes, direct port or otherwise. Because one guy made X power with Y nozzle size does not mean that applies to you. Each will be different.

There can be problems with even cylinder distribution spraying a ton pre-TB too. Replacing more than 25-30% of WOT fueling (by volume) with meth was about the limit for pre-throttlebody on the turbo buicks. May be more or less with an LSX V8 depending on the intake manifold air/fuel distribution. 25gph shouldn't be near that point on a boosted LS, but you also need to factor in pressure. Nozzles are generally rated at a specific pressure. (usually 100psi) So if you have a 300psi pump and 25gph worth of nozzles you are actually spraying closer to 44gph. Pressure will also change with pump voltage.

LOTS of things to consider is all I'm saying.
Good luck!

Last edited by Forcefed86; 01-31-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CameronVic
It's really not that hard to pack ice. Lol. And I picked up about 9-10% power getting the iats down 100*. It'll be interesting to see if you have similar results with a bigger HP setup.
It's not uncommon for us to make 15+ passes a night at the track, that makes for A LOT of ice. Plus in the street events such as mini cash days, we only took what fit in the car, no extra items, and were running back to back a lot of passes so not an easy option to pack ice.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2VYSS
How big are the jets in the ECS direct port setup? Seen that setup and it looks killer, but can't find any details about the kit
3 gph
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forcefed86, I wish I could buy you a beer. I think you explain things way better than I can. I have tried to explain some of those things on another forum, and the responses I got just frustrated me and made me never want to post something tech related there ever again. Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Quick Reply: Benefits of E85 + meth?