TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sexy!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
Here is the vic jr 16 injector setup I'm running this year on my mustang

What does it run to have the extra inj bungs added to an intake generally?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seen that the MegaSquirt guys have been doing this for years.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few vendors sell "injector bungs" which can be added to an alum intake by having them welded on. a bit beyond my talents!

the Vic Jr looks ultra sexy and would flow a ton but it's likely to be too tall to fit under the c5 vette hood.

I have a nice halltech stinger hood which I don't want to cut up so I'm looking at a fab intake or modding an alum "ls6 style" alum intake like the BBK above

thanks everyone for the feedback, keep it coming!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I spoke to a reputable tuner and he gave me some solid advice.

just use the 127 injectors, a big A@@ pump, alchy injection controlled by the haltech and be done with it. tuning with the dual fuel tables and two sets of injectors is a bit complicated and just not needed. kinda fits my budget too.

the scarey part is the fuel system upgrade cost!! buy hey, skimping on the fuel system is the mistake the prior tuner made with this car and one I'll not repeat.

still going to try an E85 tune as I think it's going to help me out, and keep the meth injection for insurance and cooling the IATs

now I'm more focused on twin nozzles or direct port alchy

I like the concept of direct port as I can "stagger jet" the alchy nozzles and tune with the EGTs to even out the EGTs for the "rich and lean cyl"

the haltech also allows the individual cyl tuning too on the fuel injectors so this should really be interesting.

I can see a day in the future where we install 8 wide bands and have the AF ratios adjusted dynamically for each cyll with auto tune.

expensive, but worth it!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Makes a custom carb price look CHEEEAAAP!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

I have 7k into a megasquirt system!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

I have a 4150 flanged intake and have thought about pump gas through the fuel injectors and a nitrous plate with only fuel hooked up and a seperate tank with e85 or e98. E85 is accessible locally but a pain always mapping out where your going and calling stations to make sure they have e85 and if I ever want to do drag week or something not a good option.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

That set up was my first thought. Use 4 850lb mark Mickie's injectors with the an6 ends, just pipe thread tap a carb spacer, no rails needed.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Smallblockguy
That set up was my first thought. Use 4 850lb mark Mickie's injectors with the an6 ends, just pipe thread tap a carb spacer, no rails needed.
not familiar with mark mickie's injectors I wonder if they could be tapped and threaded into the nylon intake

is their any way to "plastic weld" some bungs on the nylon composite factory intake? they could be fabbed up from the right tubing material if this could be strong enough.

also thought of doing additional injectors welded in the intake pipe before the throttle body but I'm concerned about fuel distirbution problems
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rkreigh
not familiar with mark mickie's injectors I wonder if they could be tapped and threaded into the nylon intake

is their any way to "plastic weld" some bungs on the nylon composite factory intake? they could be fabbed up from the right tubing material if this could be strong enough.

also thought of doing additional injectors welded in the intake pipe before the throttle body but I'm concerned about fuel distirbution problems
Not a safe way to add injectors to the plastic intakes.

We spray in the charge pipe and have been fine spraying two 120lb injectors full tilt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dual injection with e85