Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AEM Wideband/Boost Kit?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEM Wideband/Boost Kit?

Just checking to see what most of you guys are running. Basically I was given this crappy OBX boost gauge and I am still waiting to purchase my AEM wide band. So I was looking at this kit combo with an all in one gauge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-DIGITAL-WIDEBAND-UEGO-FAILSAFE-AIR-FUEL-BOOST-GAUGE-ALL-IN-ONE-FAIL-SAFE-/300804159777?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4609533921&vxp=mtr
How has this worked for you guys? What do you guys think?

Any input would be appreciated!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it combines boost and wideband into a single gauge. Kinda neat. I like the failsafe idea but don't think it would work with our stock ECU nor a standalone like ProEFI given the listing of supported devices below.

Users with an AEMnet-equipped (CAN bus) device can daisy chain the Wideband FAILSAFE gauge using the AEMnet connection (adapter sold separately). Non AEMnet devices can communicate with the device using the CAN 2.0B spec protocol. An analog output for O2 feedback is provided for users without AEMnet or CAN-equipped devices to hard wire the gauge for O2 feedback or logging in a stand-alone logger.
List of supported standalones.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...g5dul6tm6d39n0
Old 03-20-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh! I see. I was trying to save a few bux without purchasing a AEM digital wideband and a AEM digital boost gauges separately . So I know that if it wont work with a LS stock ECU then a LT1 ECU is out of the question .

Thanks a lot for the clarification!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can still use it as a boost/afr gauge. The fail safe features can not be used with the factory pcm, it will still do warning lights at set perameters.

We've used them in quite a few builds on ls cars. Their screen is quite a bit easier on the eyes than the standard aem digital stuff.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crazyelf
You can still use it as a boost/afr gauge. The fail safe features can not be used with the factory pcm, it will still do warning lights at set perameters.

We've used them in quite a few builds on ls cars. Their screen is quite a bit easier on the eyes than the standard aem digital stuff.
So I still can use the all-in-one gauge. I just dont want it to be any extra hassle than a normal wideband or boost gauge. Well would I still be able to use the USB function for my lappytop?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM
LS1TECH & TRUCKS Sponsor

I am using this on my supercharged corvette. You cannot use the failsafe parts of the gauge but the A/F and boost both work fine and as long as you hook up the tach wire for the gauge you can use the USB port for the datalogging. The gauge has about 2 hours of logging ability. If you have any questions feel free to give me a buzz at the number listed below.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Travis@SDPC
I am using this on my supercharged corvette. You cannot use the failsafe parts of the gauge but the A/F and boost both work fine and as long as you hook up the tach wire for the gauge you can use the USB port for the datalogging. The gauge has about 2 hours of logging ability. If you have any questions feel free to give me a buzz at the number listed below.
Thanks I appreciate the helping hand.

And remember everyone, this is a LT1! So I know its very limited in what it can do! I was told I couldnt go over 10#s of boost. Well we'll see about that!

As long as the warning lights works for the failsafe mode (I understand the rest of the failsafe mode may not be compatible yet until further upgrades) you can sign me up for one. Do you guys have any deals on these? PM me, im very interested!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

I use this gauge on my GTO. The failsafe can absolutely be used on any factory PCM/ECM.

I have mine cut power to the coils and the injectors by simple putting a relay on the power before the fuse. When the AFR gets out of the parameters I've set it kills the engine for 1 second which is enough time for me to know that something has went wrong with fueling.
After I let off and the second has passed the engine will catch itself and continue running.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^^^^^^ You think the failsafe will work for a LT1 PCM???
Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

i also have this failsafe guage, it reads 1.4 psi boost with the engine off. Is this normal? wired up my eboost 2 and the vacuum reading is off by 4 in/hg on the aem guage

Last edited by dmaxvaz; 03-22-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
^^^^^^^^^^ You think the failsafe will work for a LT1 PCM???
It should work with any ECM, All I am doing to killing power to the injectors and coils.

Your ECM may or may not throw codes when a failsafe occurs but those are easily reset.
My GTOs E40 ECM does not throw any codes with 1 second shutdown.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AEM Wideband/Boost Kit?