Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

water injection?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water injection?

Can i ditch meth and just use straight water? Do I have to re-size the nozzle to avoid hydrolock?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Yes you can.

Chances of hydrolock would be almost impossible unless your nozzles were massive, and spraying at very inappropriate times.
Such huge amounts of water would make the engine run like crap first though.

But yes you can use water only, you'll need to be careful with amount of flow used. SO this will mean smaller jets than with methanol, and also actual flow metering.
Ideally look at Aquamist and use their system that regulates flow based on injector duty, as it's about the only aftermarket setup that properly bases water flow based on actual demand.

Or possibly some of the other controllers that can reference off MAF.

Again, you're looking for precise flow control, not very crude like "progressive" systems based on boost, which really arent progressive at all in that respect.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I absolutely agree with everything that Stevieturbo said. Aquamist is one of, if not the best system on the market, but some will argue that point.

Here's a great read, and good information with regards to sizing your injectors.

http://howertonengineering.com/tech-...ating-jetting/

The nice thing with injecting water is it does not impact your tune since it does not change the air:fuel ratio. But remember, don't get greedy with timing, because if you get a clog, or something happens, there's no warning signs that it stops. Well, Aquamist has a flow meter, so if it fails, you'll know it. Aquamist also has the ability to use safegaurds if you chose to do so.

Quick Reply: water injection?