Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The Mopar guys have taken off the gloves!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 05:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At the end of the day it is still a heavy *** ugly dodge.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
At the end of the day it is still a heavy *** ugly dodge.
You sound like all the other butt hurt Chevy guys on LS Nation. Me i love this new car from Dodge if anything the next ZL1 will be getting more power!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
You sound like all the other butt hurt Chevy guys on LS Nation. Me i love this new car from Dodge if anything the next ZL1 will be getting more power!

I hate pretty much all american sport cars and dodge makes the worst of them. I'm here for the budget/reliable HP that is the LS engine. Not the cars they go in.

Last edited by oscs; 07-02-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to say this, but now that Ford and Dodge had decided to step it up with their special edition versions of Shelby GT500 and Challenger HellCat, I think the ZL1 Camaro will now always be playing catch-up. Let's face it, GM will never build a Camaro that will outpower/outperform a Corvette, I think the other 2 had figured out that all they have to do is outpower GM's flagship sportcar, and they would surely get the muscle car enthusiasts attention, and they realize that they don't have to necessarily completely outperform the Corvette since they are lighter and just a totally different car, besides, they have the Viper and Ford GT to pit againts the ZR1 vette. They're just not afraid to step on their big brother's toe once and a while, unlike GM.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM
FormerVendor

I can't weight to see what they do with the Viper.
You puff a little air in that V10 and it will make some real power and not break a sweat.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Somebody made this point a bit earlier, but just to reiterate...

Remember 10 years ago when the Cobra blew minds with its 390 hp? Then the z06 came out with an astonishing 405 hp?

Remember 20 years ago when LT1s were the engines to beat and the new improved fox body Fords were running around with their 215 hp 5L gutless wonders? Now you can get the equivalent Camaro / Mustang with almost double the power.

Awesome time to be a car guy (with money, which I don't have enough of)
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

I love the Challenger styling - a lot better than the new Camaro or Mustang and that's why I bought a RT, but it's a heavy pig I agree and that's why it needs more power!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
I hate to say this, but now that Ford and Dodge had decided to step it up with their special edition versions of Shelby GT500 and Challenger HellCat, I think the ZL1 Camaro will now always be playing catch-up. Let's face it, GM will never build a Camaro that will outpower/outperform a Corvette, I think the other 2 had figured out that all they have to do is outpower GM's flagship sportcar, and they would surely get the muscle car enthusiasts attention, and they realize that they don't have to necessarily completely outperform the Corvette since they are lighter and just a totally different car, besides, they have the Viper and Ford GT to pit againts the ZR1 vette. They're just not afraid to step on their big brother's toe once and a while, unlike GM.
While GM blocks it's self from going global on all platforms, like LS9/LSA, I think they are fine with where the vette is at and the other platforms. Ford GT has been out of production for nearly a decade with nothing potentially new on the horizon and the Viper went on a brief hiatus and came back and now it looks like it could be going to the grave.

Like mentioned earlier, they are still playing catch up. Before anything was released I am sure they waited for other mfr specs on power to find out where they can make as much power as possible. The biggest thing Fiat needs to do if they want this to be successful is make sure that the aftermarket can have some fun with it and not try to fight them all the way through.

I could be wrong, but I will be surprised if you hear of much pullying down on this like any of the Ford/GM cars.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still a fat pig and no manual. Don't care for the look either. SRT8 Charger on the other hand.....pretty nice. Family car though.

I have no allegiances to any car except maybe anti Honda. I sat in the challenger and at 6'3" I did not like the view from inside at all. It's just WAY too huge. I feel the same way about the Camaro. (to a lesser degree) ALL 5th gen Camaros. My arm resting on the door was parallel to the ground...wtf. Tiny little windows.

I understand the requirement to make cars that meet safety and emission standards but damn 4k+?

I was at an auto-x event and there was a 2010 challenger and two 2012's all had 450-600whp and their times were almost the slowest if the day. All had full suspension too. They were being beat by Honda Fits. Stock Honda Fits. It was her first time there too. (the fit driver). Disgraceful.

Put that "hellcat" motor in something sub 3500lb and a stick and watch out.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that it's cool that there is a "friendly " competition between brands once again. Americans need to start doing things that made this country so unique. In the end we are all enthusiasts and it's a hobby that all of us can relate to no matter who made the car. With that being said, dodge by definition in the dictionary is "To avoid" lol
Old 07-03-2014, 03:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of people complain about the drivability of the 662hp GT500 (although there is only manuals in those). I wonder how friendly/bearable this thing will actually be to drive.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of driveability problems are being reported? The MOPAR motor had some extra CI so that may help. I think the blower is a bit bigger too.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

They offer a 6spd Viper trans
Old 07-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Exidous
Still a fat pig and no manual. Don't care for the look either. SRT8 Charger on the other hand.....pretty nice. Family car though.

I have no allegiances to any car except maybe anti Honda. I sat in the challenger and at 6'3" I did not like the view from inside at all. It's just WAY too huge. I feel the same way about the Camaro. (to a lesser degree) ALL 5th gen Camaros. My arm resting on the door was parallel to the ground...wtf. Tiny little windows.

I understand the requirement to make cars that meet safety and emission standards but damn 4k+?

I was at an auto-x event and there was a 2010 challenger and two 2012's all had 450-600whp and their times were almost the slowest if the day. All had full suspension too. They were being beat by Honda Fits. Stock Honda Fits. It was her first time there too. (the fit driver). Disgraceful.

Put that "hellcat" motor in something sub 3500lb and a stick and watch out.
It comes in a manual...
Old 07-03-2014, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chris@CBR
You might be right. You have to give them credit for super charging there largest V8 instead of the smaller motor. Time will tell.
Their 6.4L is larger than the 6.2L. :smb: This a supercharged 6.2L right?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 5w20

Their 6.4L is larger than the 6.2L. :smb: This a supercharged 6.2L right?
Yes SC 6.2L and the SRT 6.4L got more power and torque as well
Old 07-03-2014, 10:03 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

With this muscle car war we all win in the end. I wonder what kind of power a new LT1 would make with a 2.4L blower. Currently i believe its only a 1.7L.
Im a chev guy but I'm glad Dodge is finally coming to play too. Little late yeah but better for us all. I wish i could afford a new car.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSZ
With this muscle car war we all win in the end. I wonder what kind of power a new LT1 would make with a 2.4L blower. Currently i believe its only a 1.7L.
Im a chev guy but I'm glad Dodge is finally coming to play too. Little late yeah but better for us all. I wish i could afford a new car.
This^
Old 07-04-2014, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by "MAC"
It comes in a manual...

When did they add that option? Last I had looked (couple years) it wasn't an option and I completely wrote the car off.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Exidous
When did they add that option? Last I had looked (couple years) it wasn't an option and I completely wrote the car off.
It has been a option since the car was introduced. If I remember correctly the 6 speed is standard feature.

Quick Reply: The Mopar guys have taken off the gloves!!