Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Good Radiator for turbo with A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:36 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Good Radiator for turbo with A/C?

I have a front mount turbo (all hot pipes are wrapped), with dual derale 16925 pusher fans mounted on the condenser. I sealed up the spaces between the condenser and radiator with foam to make sure the air is going through the radiator. Installed a 160 thermostat, running 75/25 water coolant with a bottle of water wetter. This seems to keep car cool when moving, but if I let it sit and idle with a/c cranked temps will climb.

I have a spectra radiator from autozone installed in the car. It has a thicker core then the stock one (I think it is like the LT1's). I'm wondering if there is a better radiator that will drop in place of the stock one, hold the condenser, and cool considerably better?

Is there anything else i can do to help lower coolant temps? Thought about running straight water, as the car will never see freezing temperatures.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look in my build thread, the griffin seems to be the most popular option, I do not have my A/C hooded up yet as I went vertical with the radiator and looking for a smaller condenser now.

Quick Reply: Good Radiator for turbo with A/C?