Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

newby to the ls world I need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby to the ls world I need some advice

I have a 5.3 with 709 heads going into a fox body. I'm going to run a 76mm turbo. Power levels I'm wanting are 600 or so. Should I keep these heads or buy different ones? Which intake is most desirable for boost, aftermarket or stock? Which cam direction? Fuel system is a a1000 with 2 340's and 60lb injectors. Turbo 400 trans, manual valve body. I'd appreciate any advice given.

I'm doing all the work myself and my budget is around 7k. Is this doable?
Old 07-20-2014, 07:26 AM
9 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

for your power levels there is no reason to change much in the engine. a stock 5.3 with a valve spring change can get you there but with your budget you might want to do a cam as well but id stay on the small side something like a isky triple 12 will get it done. as for intakes a stock truck intake and t/b will make a lot of power but they are tall . if you haven't bought injectors just go right to 80# ers . if the budget holds up the holly system is a nice setup but if it is to much you can run that engine with a microsquirt and tune with tunerstudio and it works great . just checkout some of denmah's builds and go check out his sloppymechanics wiki. tons of turbo ls info there.

Quick Reply: newby to the ls world I need some advice