Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo vette smoking

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo vette smoking

Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble, just installed a TTI twin turbo kit on my 01 Z06. We installed a catch can between the valley cover and the intake vacum nipple. The car has a cloud of white smoke when running. If I go back to the stock hose all the smoking goes away...I'm really confused here...
Old 07-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What catch can are you running ? Do you have a one way check valve in your plumbing
Old 07-23-2014, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm....at idle? Or on decel/lift off? No oil in Dp's or compressors? Based on your description probably not...just trying to figure out what up. I think when I ran a stock style breather line(t'd from both valve covers) I think I ended up running a 1 way valve. It's been so long,..lemme look for pics for routing.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERSLYR
What catch can are you running ? Do you have a one way check valve in your plumbing
I have just a generic ebay catch can. We installed a pcv valve in the lines, which as far as I know is the same thing as a one way check valve?

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Hmmm....at idle? Or on decel/lift off? No oil in Dp's or compressors? Based on your description probably not...just trying to figure out what up. I think when I ran a stock style breather line(t'd from both valve covers) I think I ended up running a 1 way valve. It's been so long,..lemme look for pics for routing.
It happens at idle. No oil in the Dp's as far as I can tell.

Twin Turbo vette smoking-rj84ovy.jpg
Here you can see the stock routing that causes no smoking. We have the valve cover going to the air filters for fresh air. The valley cover and intake are connected by the stock hose. Don't mind the throttle body, we have that temporarily connected to the bov's for testing purposes.

Twin Turbo vette smoking-wnoxzl6.jpg
Here is how we have it routed with the catch can. You can see the only thing we change is the hose going from the valley cover to the intake. Don't mind the actual hoses I just threw some on to show you the routing.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the PCV valve in the correct direction? (vac to the right side)
Does it do it without the PCV valve installed the hose?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Pcv valves were setup so valley cover pcv outlet with a PCC valve. Installed so it could only pull vacum

Then vacuum hose was installed to facilitate the vacuum only from the intake manifold..

The fresh air side is hooked up to the air intake piping for the turbos

Maybe check valves have better flow then PCv valves

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo vette smoking