Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo kit that keeps a/c?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
The CBR performance twin kit is the best hands down. You can get a cheaper one but not a better one in terms of quality and fitment or function. I've ran mine for 2 years now trouble free. Making 1000 rwhp a/c blows cold, park it nose up to a building 100° outside a/c running full blast it will not over heat. They are going to make another run of these kits soon. The reassuring thing is it won't be a version 2 kit because it was right the first time which speaks volumes about the competence of the designer. Here is an example, my car has 3.5# wastegate springs in it. If I shut my controller off it makes 3.5# boost. Boost creap, overheating, time involved moving stuff like radiator, fuse block, abs block, whatever don't happen with this kit.
Problem is, that kit is a unicorn.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Problem is, that kit is a unicorn.
LOL! Kinda, but myself and a few others have these unicorns. More will get built.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Rock chalk, Josh!

Looking forward to seeing this Huron kit this fall.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Hoss
Rock chalk, Josh!

Looking forward to seeing this Huron kit this fall.
Ls1 and ku fans here! Awesome. this huron kit needs to come out! That is a heck of a price tag on that cbr twin turbo kit.

Last edited by josh4ku; 08-24-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josh4ku
That is a heck of a price tag on that cbr twin turbo kit.
Yes. You have to pay for USA made quality and just like the Snap On tools I choose to use I have never complained about the quality. Just grumbled a little paying for them. Don't forget that price is 2 quality turbos not 1 cheap one. It's not a cheap a2a intercooler system. It's a top of the line a2w intercooler system that has a heat exchanger so it works better than an a2a on the street and the track. These 2 things are why the kit is priced like it is.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the cbr kit is probably perfect in design and execution, and they really did think through all the angles, making the kmember part of the system was ingenious. if they did this for the corvette, he'd probably selling a few more than he has. the problem with the fbody is the newest one is 12 year old and it's not like they retain all this great value or there are many preserved low mileage examples for cheap to use as a platform. you're talking about dropping 15k into a car that you really have to love, because you'll never get that back. i'd like to see it preserved as much as the next guy, but it's getting on in age.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
Yes. You have to pay for USA made quality and just like the Snap On tools I choose to use I have never complained about the quality. Just grumbled a little paying for them. Don't forget that price is 2 quality turbos not 1 cheap one. It's not a cheap a2a intercooler system. It's a top of the line a2w intercooler system that has a heat exchanger so it works better than an a2a on the street and the track. These 2 things are why the kit is priced like it is.
I don't think I would want to mess with an a2w system, may work better but it seems to be more than i need.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

U will never find a better kit period!!!!! Chris at cbr perfomance is a perfectionist!!! I might put the ranch up for this kit!!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

What were issues with the v1 huron kit?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by josh4ku
What were issues with the v1 huron kit?
Nothing real bad, the biggest concern was clearance to radiator with a t series cover. Our v2 kit will have tons of clearance (even with a big pt88), fit the front sway bar, keep alternator in oem position and brackets, and much more! Essentially only requiring pusher fans and then a turbo k member if you want the exhaust out the back!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
Nothing real bad, the biggest concern was clearance to radiator with a t series cover. Our v2 kit will have tons of clearance (even with a big pt88), fit the front sway bar, keep alternator in oem position and brackets, and much more! Essentially only requiring pusher fans and then a turbo k member if you want the exhaust out the back!
Should be perfect for my build, going to want magnaflow out the back .

Quick Reply: Turbo kit that keeps a/c?