Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo kit that keeps a/c?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo kit that keeps a/c?

I am thinking about changing my build from procharger to turbo . Are there any good quality kits that keep a/c and power steering? I am going to be looking at 600whp , after forged internals later on I would like to be close to 800whp. Anyone have any info?
Old 08-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sure that there is more than 1, but I believe Huron Speed has a kit that keeps a/c and p/s.

I just copied that link from the sponsor lest on the right, so if it doesn't work, clicking on it should do the trick
Old 08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you! We are currently in re-design of our A/C retaining kit. It will be the V2 A/C kit and be released in Fall 2014. It will have many new and nice enhancements over our previous A/C kit. It will include manifolds, retain the OEM alternator position, power steering, sway bar, radiator, etc. Nothing will be able to compare to what we have in store for our new V2 A/C kit!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-03-2014, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
Thank you! We are currently in re-design of our A/C retaining kit. It will be the V2 A/C kit and be released in Fall 2014. It will have many new and nice enhancements over our previous A/C kit. It will include manifolds, retain the OEM alternator position, power steering, sway bar, radiator, etc. Nothing will be able to compare to what we have in store for our new V2 A/C kit!
I am very interested in this kit! I will need it for sure by December. Does the new kit require a turbo k member? I am also looking at the aps twin turbo kit. Anybody have any experience with that kit?

Last edited by josh4ku; 08-03-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josh4ku
I am very interested in this kit! I will need it for sure by December. Does the new kit require a turbo k member? I am also looking at the aps twin turbo kit. Anybody have any experience with that kit?
Im also interested.. I have a LS2 408 already built...waiting on getting a Turbo kit.. I will keep a look out.. I need 650rwhp..
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

We will have information, pictures, etc all posted up here on the forum in early Fall! Keep your eyes pealed, will be well worth it!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
We will have information, pictures, etc all posted up here on the forum in early Fall! Keep your eyes pealed, will be well worth it!
What is the max hp of this kit? How big is the turbo?

Last edited by josh4ku; 08-04-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

I have an APS twin turbo kit that I maybe parting with this fall. The kit is great and works great. It has custom solid intake tubes (the stock ones were known to close shut under high boost). You will have to have a turbo K member to use with the kit. It does retain the all factory accessories (ac, ps, stock radiator, condensor, stock fans).

On my 4.8, LS6 cam, 862 head motor it made 603 hp and 527 tq at 13 psi. This was on E85 with the timing ramping up to 15*. This was on a 110* day in here in AZ. From the research I have done the turbo's are good to 18 psi so 650hp would be no sweat for this kit with proper support. I don't turn it up, because I do not the have the injectors. Average IAT's even in 110 weather during a pull was only a rise of 4 to 5 degrees. Boost comes in quick, so it good for the street.

Also, I did not use the water cooling lines that the come with the kit for the turbos. Most journal bearing set ups that I have seen do not as well. The turbos are in good condition, they do not smoke, and have no shaft play.

If you are thinking big single route, you cannot beat Huron. Their kits are top notch along with their service. My buddy CrazyElf has one of their kits and it is great. Makes me really want a big single.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SM105K
I have an APS twin turbo kit that I maybe parting with this fall. The kit is great and works great. It has custom solid intake tubes (the stock ones were known to close shut under high boost). You will have to have a turbo K member to use with the kit. It does retain the all factory accessories (ac, ps, stock radiator, condensor, stock fans).

On my 4.8, LS6 cam, 862 head motor it made 603 hp and 527 tq at 13 psi. This was on E85 with the timing ramping up to 15*. This was on a 110* day in here in AZ. From the research I have done the turbo's are good to 18 psi so 650hp would be no sweat for this kit with proper support. I don't turn it up, because I do not the have the injectors. Average IAT's even in 110 weather during a pull was only a rise of 4 to 5 degrees. Boost comes in quick, so it good for the street.

Also, I did not use the water cooling lines that the come with the kit for the turbos. Most journal bearing set ups that I have seen do not as well. The turbos are in good condition, they do not smoke, and have no shaft play.

If you are thinking big single route, you cannot beat Huron. Their kits are top notch along with their service. My buddy CrazyElf has one of their kits and it is great. Makes me really want a big single.
Those are good #s , I wonder why aps quit making this kit.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Those are good #s , I wonder why aps quit making this kit.
To be honest, when the APS kit first came out they used good garrett turbos. The kits were about $6300. When the kit got popular, they cut costs and went with Chinese turbos. This caused alot of failures in the turbos esp in the fbody community and ultimately APS stopped making the kits. Do some reseach about APS and you will see how nasty things got.

I love my kit, the craftmanship is superb, and the kit is sneaky. The only reason I am considering parting with it is, I want to make 800 plus HP. Unless, I spend an arm and an leg on the DK turbos, I wont be able to hit that goal. I want a 9 second, hop in and drive (to the car meets, track, Sunday drive ect) street car with a big single.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SM105K
To be honest, when the APS kit first came out they used good garrett turbos. The kits were about $6300. When the kit got popular, they cut costs and went with Chinese turbos. This caused alot of failures in the turbos esp in the fbody community and ultimately APS stopped making the kits. Do some reseach about APS and you will see how nasty things got.

I love my kit, the craftmanship is superb, and the kit is sneaky. The only reason I am considering parting with it is, I want to make 800 plus HP. Unless, I spend an arm and an leg on the DK turbos, I wont be able to hit that goal. I want a 9 second, hop in and drive (to the car meets, track, Sunday drive ect) street car with a big single.
Ok that makes since! Yeah i am leaning towards the single turbo huron kit also. All depends on if i can sell me d1sc procharger fmic kit. If you know anyone that is interested let me know!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The APS kit is great. Total PITA to work on, but any kit that keeps all accessories (AC mainly) in stock location and stock radiator/condenser location will be. Big power available, if you have access to a temporary money tree.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
The APS kit is great. Total PITA to work on, but any kit that keeps all accessories (AC mainly) in stock location and stock radiator/condenser location will be. Big power available, if you have access to a temporary money tree.
I couldn't have said that any better myself.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Will your new ac kit retain the factory fans? I would buy it !!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

The aps kits are top notch once you fix a few minor issues, but they are definetley a pain to work on. They are hard to beat if you want to keep all of your accessories and dont want to cut up your car though. With upgraded turbos they will support a lot of power. Here is a run from my trans am with a lg upgraded extreme aps turbo kit on 16.5 lbs.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lsx1
The aps kits are top notch once you fix a few minor issues, but they are definetley a pain to work on. They are hard to beat if you want to keep all of your accessories and dont want to cut up your car though. With upgraded turbos they will support a lot of power. Here is a run from my trans am with a lg upgraded extreme aps turbo kit on 16.5 lbs.

That's an awesome launch!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

That's an awesome launch!
Thanks, no tellin how far it might have carried them if I wouldn't have pedaled it lol
Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Older thread, just bumping to let the FI guys know that my APS is up for sale since it does pertain to the thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...o-kit-f-s.html
Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The CBR performance twin kit is the best hands down. You can get a cheaper one but not a better one in terms of quality and fitment or function. I've ran mine for 2 years now trouble free. Making 1000 rwhp a/c blows cold, park it nose up to a building 100° outside a/c running full blast it will not over heat. They are going to make another run of these kits soon. The reassuring thing is it won't be a version 2 kit because it was right the first time which speaks volumes about the competence of the designer. Here is an example, my car has 3.5# wastegate springs in it. If I shut my controller off it makes 3.5# boost. Boost creap, overheating, time involved moving stuff like radiator, fuse block, abs block, whatever don't happen with this kit.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the APS twin kit

Quick Reply: Turbo kit that keeps a/c?