Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Building a rearmount turbo. Is it really that simple? how about adding LT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Is E85 out of the question?. Im running a mid mount On3 76mm( i also have a DNA GT45 to play with aswell) in the truck bed of my s10.
Im running non intercooled with E85 and a single meth nozzle to also cool off the charge.definitely wont be a bad idea to go through Zombies thread. His car is running 9s with a rear mount. Definitely keep the manifolds aswell. I just wrapped my entire exhaust system pre turbo in DEI exhaust wrap and spool is instant! At minimum get siemens deka 60lb injectors, might aswell get 80lbers because they are damn near the same price. Im running V-band F-body manifolds which also made a huge difference in Spool. If your running a T4 TWIN scroll turbo like the GT45. Squeeze performance just developed a bad *** quick spool valve which is lighting the turbo off a hell of alot faster and its supposed to be one of the most price friendly on the marketName:  PhotoGrid_1409420270871_zpsppdk3p17.jpg
Views: 5568
Size:  151.9 KBName:  IMG_37759356890285_zps5jep903r.jpeg
Views: 5497
Size:  39.4 KB
Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im planning on getting one yes. But since i wont be tuning it myself I didnt see the need for the logging version. if i do the hptuners pro has log feature.

My question is for the warning light.
it say it triggers when afr falls outside the defined window. does that mean it recornize wot? does it connect to tps? ive used one before and its all over the place during a drive.

ill definitely be interested in hooking it up to some sort of fail safe via ecu.

second does it also light up for overboost? should something fail.
since it looks like a 2 in 1 gauge.

sounds good, i may consider spraying pre turbo.

curious though when you spray at tb doesnt that mean the ait wont read the temp drop from the meth?
extra line and jets dont cost very much so for my plans what do you recommend? and what jets size?

spraying post compressor and tb seems like an overkill as it is without IC (since it will be a low boost or can i benefit from spraying post compressor?

I know ill be using a 150pump or should i go for higher pressure?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 731 Likes on 536 Posts

I use a mega squirt I've never used the AEM gauge. Check out the website. I'd guess in the software there’s a map of some sort with an AFR target under load. Thats how MS works anyway. I'd assume this is the reason it monitors boost as well.

IMO you don't want the sensor to be saturated with meth. What this does is report back false cool IAT readings. A temp probe covered in alcohol will report a much lower reading than the actual charge air entering the motor. Many people then add excessive timing.

With alky inj. you can spray anywhere, but again there's a difference between what works and what works well. I'd want my kit to be as efficient as possible.

Think about where taking heat out of the system would be most beneficial. In the combustion chamber or in the piping? In the end I could care less about the temperature of my charge piping if the CC is cool. The water/meth being sprayed flashes and absorbs heat. After that point it's somewhat "used up". If you are only spraying at one point spraying right after the turbo will result in much of the water/meths energy being "wasted" cooling down charge piping. That "wasted" energy could have been better spent in the CC.

Pump pressure is up to you, more pressure results in finer atomization. If you’re planning on pre-turbo injection, I'd use really tiny nozzles with a 150psi pump. (like two .75 gph nozzles) But I'm sure it would be fine. Go with as much pressure as you can afford. I think the 200psi pumps are $115 or so. Not much more than the older 150psi units. And $135 for a 300psi pump. Not much difference really.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 09-04-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Building a rearmount turbo. Is it really that simple? how about adding LT?