Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger kit Suggestion and Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger kit Suggestion and Install

I'm thinking of putting a Procharger kit on my 2000 SS. I am by no means a mechanic but do and will attempt more things than the average joe. I've put my own long tubes on myself but payed a shop to put a heads and cam package on.(something I would not attempt) If i was walked through a install once id probably be capable of doing again. My question is anyone have experience with putting a procharger kit on their f-body? Is it something you would highly recommend a skilled mechanic to do? Or is it a somewhat straight forward simple time consuming install? I've read they come with everything including injectors, and even a tune for the car. Which kit would you recommend and why? Are there other supporting mods that are a must that wouldn't be included in the kit? My ultimate goal is to be around 700 Hp. I am currently at 430 with Heads,Cam,LT Headers, and a bunch of other bolt-ons. I do have plans to get a fast intake in the near future. I plan on breaking my stock rear end with a 3.90 ring & pinion and eventually going 12 bolt. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The ProCharger systems that come complete with a tune are meant for those vehicles that are either completely stock or have just a cat back exhaust system on them. Take a look at the kit I have at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1TE10...-Speed-Kit.htm It includes the extra parts that are required for use with the ProCharger 1GJ204-SCI kit. This is something that you can install yourself, send me an e-mail to brutespeed@gmail.com and ask for me to e-mail you a copy of the installation instructions. This way you can see how it goes together. You will then need to get the car tuned. I suggest getting your car dyno tuned from a shop that is experienced in LS forced induction engines. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-22-2014, 06:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

OP, you do realize your car will probably not last long at 700 hp right?

Quick Reply: Procharger kit Suggestion and Install