Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

370 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 370 Turbo Build

hi guys, been a while since posting. Switching from spray to FI. Im getting close to having my build completed and getting really anxious and excited so take it easy on me. Just wanting to see what you guys think of the build and what it will be capable of !!!

stock lq4 block
stock crank
weico pistons
lunati rods
all arp studs

Car will be on true e85 (not out of a pump)
th400 w/brake
pro efi or holley dom and davis box (havnt decided on that yet)
borg warner s400 83mm comp, 96mm turbine w race cover (cast wheel)
A2A intercooler
Super vic intake
90mm TB
Trickflow CNC 215 heads
cam is .610 .612, 240,244 dur and 112 LSA (bullet cams told me not to change it becuase it was too close to being right and they didnt want to take my money for the small difference in power)

The thing should be a very basic buil, something i can have fun in and not have to mess with all the time (thats the idea anyway) just getting excited as the only thing i lack is a management system at this point.

Would love to get your guys input on numbers at the track and even power if you want to throw that out

Car has midwest chassic components front to back and everything chromoly

Thanks a ton guys, I know this has been covered, just indulge my excitement please. This is my first big build!
Old 11-04-2014, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

should make great power...we run a lesser deal on pump E85 with no intercooler, over 1000hp @25lbs
Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy the dominator and never look back
Old 11-04-2014, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Nice build. Only used Pro Efi off your list and absolutely loved it. Not very user friendly though so if tuning isn't your forte budget in a good tuner. Alpha for Induction Performance out of Fl is amazing.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oscs
Buy the dominator and never look back
Still debating, I know there's a lot more support but by the time I factor in traction control and bump box the pro efi is a better deal but less user friendly :/
Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by onesicss
Still debating, I know there's a lot more support but by the time I factor in traction control and bump box the pro efi is a better deal but less user friendly :/
Do you have to have the TC box? Why not use the boost by gear/speed etc.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
Nice build. Only used Pro Efi off your list and absolutely loved it. Not very user friendly though so if tuning isn't your forte budget in a good tuner. Alpha for Induction Performance out of Fl is amazing.
Thanks! I have a friend here with pro efi and it works very very well but it is no easy task compared to holley. Right now I'm concentrating on fuel system and not sure if I can run the a1000 or need to step up to the eliminator pump. Any thoughts?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oscs
Do you have to have the TC box? Why not use the boost by gear/speed etc.
No I don't have any of the management stuff yet. Basically just for ease, I want the tc for the street while not having to switch tunes or carry around a lap top. Excuse my ignorance on these two softwares. That's why I'm still debating what to run. I want #'s on the track but I want it to work as well as possible on the street since it will see more no prep type of racing.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should run 8s set up properly no problem. Hell you can even use a stock computer. Many have done it. But if your set on a standalone get the Holley and the Leash controller with the bump box in it.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Should run 8s set up properly no problem. Hell you can even use a stock computer. Many have done it. But if your set on a standalone get the Holley and the Leash controller with the bump box in it.
That thought has crossed my mind as well, the thing I like about the stand alone is I can apply the extra 1500 bucks I'd be spending on ID2000's or something similar to the stand alone and just run holleys low impedance injectors? And thanks man you have no idea how pumped I'd be to see a 8 second pass!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Currently seeking advice on a SINGLE fuel pump to feed this thing. Don't like the idea of multiple pumps due to not knowing when one goes out before it's too late. I drive the car a lot so preferably something that won't boil the fuel.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:13 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the power you want you need twin in tanks. Do two 255s or I like the aeromotive stealth 340s one off a Hobbs will not heat up the fuel. Injectors will have to be fic2000s something along those lines. I have tuned with the fics and loved them very easy to work with. Anyone that tells you they won't idle is wrong.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Currently seeking advice on a SINGLE fuel pump to feed this thing. Don't like the idea of multiple pumps due to not knowing when one goes out before it's too late. I drive the car a lot so preferably something that won't boil the fuel.
Magnafuel mp-4301
Old 11-07-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Again, only having knowledge of the Pro Efi which is heavily used by the shop that was helping build my car, M&S Performance (mostly 2JZ based), the reason I went with Pro Efi was for some of the features including Traction Control and Boost by Speed. Both of those were a nice bonus since my setup was ready for 800+rwhp on a 2900 lbs. 240sx. I also liked the ease of having my computer setup to compensate for % ethanol so I could go to an E85 pump, drive, run to a gas pump with no E85 and fill up without much concern.

I am sure Holley has some kick *** features as well just giving some feedback from my experience.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
For the power you want you need twin in tanks. Do two 255s or I like the aeromotive stealth 340s one off a Hobbs will not heat up the fuel. Injectors will have to be fic2000s something along those lines. I have tuned with the fics and loved them very easy to work with. Anyone that tells you they won't idle is wrong.
That would be easy considering already having a stealth 340 in the tank now. Just got off the phone with FIC and they recomended the 1650's. Any concerns with those?
Old 11-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stmz28
Magnafuel mp-4301
Thats the one i had found to go with, thanks!

Again, only having knowledge of the Pro Efi which is heavily used by the shop that was helping build my car, M&S Performance (mostly 2JZ based), the reason I went with Pro Efi was for some of the features including Traction Control and Boost by Speed. Both of those were a nice bonus since my setup was ready for 800+rwhp on a 2900 lbs. 240sx. I also liked the ease of having my computer setup to compensate for % ethanol so I could go to an E85 pump, drive, run to a gas pump with no E85 and fill up without much concern.

yes, the flex fuel system in pro efi is abover holley for sure, Just not sure if the 3 things i like about it are worth the headache of trying to navigate that system. Now Camaro has me thinking of stock ecu on efi live, or holley

I am sure Holley has some kick *** features as well just giving some feedback from my experience.

so buy one pump and put on hobb switch or buy the magnafuel... The twin pump just worries me if one burns up.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

The Pro Efi is not user friendly for sure. I have seen a "full tune" take anywhere from 4-8 hours and thats with someone that knows their way around the system very well. I have 0 tuning experience and 0 knowledge of anything related since I leave that to the pros. However, HPTuner seems rather user friendly with a big community support. I have been playing around with their beta/test system following the forums and it is by far more feasible.

Another system you may consider but have limited personal experience with is the Haltech PS2000 unit. I know a while ago they were working on fuel blending tables using a Haltech Flex Fuel Sensor.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

The Pro Efi is not user friendly for sure. I have seen a "full tune" take anywhere from 4-8 hours and thats with someone that knows their way around the system very well. I have 0 tuning experience and 0 knowledge of anything related since I leave that to the pros. However, HPTuner seems rather user friendly with a big community support. I have been playing around with their beta/test system following the forums and it is by far more feasible.

Another system you may consider but have limited personal experience with is the Haltech PS2000 unit. I know a while ago they were working on fuel blending tables using a Haltech Flex Fuel Sensor.
Yea hp tunners is fine but not quite up to par for what I'm trying to do, I currently use efi live and pay to have it tunned. I may stick to that for a little bit. It's just that, to me, I feel like once your going so fast, you should be able or trying to tune your own car (shooting for 8s myself). Now I understanf some people just don't care to nor do they want to and I get that. I just want the option to start doing my own tweaks and seeing the results for myself at the track. I'm leaning really hard towards the holly now or stock.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:08 PM
8 Second Club

Yea hp tunners is fine but not quite up to par for what I'm trying to do, I currently use efi live and pay to have it tunned. I may stick to that for a little bit. It's just that, to me, I feel like once your going so fast, you should be able or trying to tune your own car (shooting for 8s myself). Now I understanf some people just don't care to nor do they want to and I get that. I just want the option to start doing my own tweaks and seeing the results for myself at the track. I'm leaning really hard towards the holly now or stock.
The Holley provides boost by gear/time/speed etc. you name it and it can control it. It has one of the best boost controllers on the market. As far as having a sensor that reads fuel content on the fly, no it doesn't do that yet. You simply have to shut the ECU off and select the E85 or 93 tune which can also be done on a simple position switch. A small sacrifice for the many benefits it offers over its competitors if you ask me. All in all if you are willing/wanting to learn tuning and or your car better the Holley is the way to go. I'm a complete tunning noob and It has greatly helped me to understand what's going on under my hood. I would also suggest a tutorial session. There is a member here by the name of "LOSLS2" who offers such a service and he is the man. He is extremely knowledgable and friendly and the price is right.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I have a friend here with pro efi and it works very very well but it is no easy task compared to holley. Right now I'm concentrating on fuel system and not sure if I can run the a1000 or need to step up to the eliminator pump. Any thoughts?
On e85 that a1000 will not put out enough, I'm going through the same thing, ordering **** for fuel system. The eliminator wont be far behind the a1000, I always feel its better to go a little bigger than pushing the limit of a pump, , after talking to mat at aeromotive I orderd the new dual phantom pump kit but it's 799 and only can get it through aeromotive since they just started selling the pumps a month ago. I know the dual phantom is overkill for me right now but Like I said better bigger than cutting the limit and over working the pump,,, plus I'll have room to grow as I'm sure you want

Quick Reply: 370 Turbo Build