Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Street Driven MWC 25.3 AES 427 Twin Turbo Glide E85 Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The windshield and radiator. I sent you an offer and you left me hanging. Think mike text you and he said you sold the radiator.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Injectors should be close in size. I think 10%

Just noticed this, Do you have any more info on it? My holley software looks like setting it up would be easy to use some smaller ones for cruising and the second set to kick on when making power.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:10 AM
11 Second Club

Heads should be ready tomorrow. Seems like there isn't any flow numbers out there for cathedral 12-1's that I could find. Mike at AES is going to flow them for me.

Picked up my Nasty fuel cell. Looks great in person! Went this route as I like the stock operation of just opening the fuel door and pumping gas. Didn't want to have to spend money on a cell and bulkhead. Plus it leaves me with a bunch of room in the truck for my water box, trans cooler, batt, and whatever else ends up in there.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Been thinking about getting a nasty performance fuel tank. Looks nice!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looking very good Brian cant wait to see it when its all finished.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Amazing car, gonna fly
Old 01-10-2015, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Changed up the plans a little. LOL

Sold the 4l80e. Figured instead of putting billet shafts in it and worrying about upgrading later, might as well go to a glide now. Still need to get a glide. Will worry about that once I get the car back from MWC.

Sold the turbos because I needed a different AR and couldn't get the housings for those anymore. I went to custom Comp turbos. Never heard of the brand before to be honest, but Jon @ huron says good things. Seems like mixed reviews on the interwebs. Seems like the guys that have had bad reviews just get the off the shelf ones. I was going to go with 78's, but I want to race in this class this year and my block wouldn't even take the power the 78's would make, so I just went with custom 67's.

67/102 Comp wheel
79/75 Turbine
4" downpipes
.96 A/R
Anti surge
oil only

Each turbo should be good for 1k HP, I'll be happy with a lot less for now

AES flowed the heads for me yesterday. Only stuck around for the intake. They went to 350@.700. These should be 100% ready for me on Monday.

Ordered another turbosmart BOV so I will have 2 on the setup.

Ordered the GZ mandrel for my drysump and Fuel pump. Very nice looking setup.

Ordered some more of the wiring I needed for my holley ECU. Tick has great pricing on that stuff if you are a tick member. Ordered the 5 bar map and ecu power cable.

Also ordered the custom cam, but that will prob be a bit till we figure out specs and get it in.

Last edited by 4bangermustang; 01-16-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Stopped at MWC to check it all out. One of the fab guys has a nice timeline of pics!

Old 01-16-2015, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

MWC has most of the front end stuff done now, and the sub-frame on the car.

some of the pics I snapped when i was there:

Old 01-16-2015, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow that's amazing, great project.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

Not a whole lot to update. Work on the car is moving slow. Dropped off the motor for Eric to use to mount the motor plate, midplate, and setup the turbo piping. The heads are back from AES and just waiting to be installed once I get the car back. The custom turbo's are in from comp and look AWESOME.

Sold my chiseled 4k intercooler and had a custom 3k one made for my setup. Should be here any day now.

Met up with Brian Black and hopefully he will be starting my custom control panel for my car.

Ordered up the Racepak IQ3 to use as a dash along with all the parts needed to make it work with my Holley.

Ordered a Magnafuel ProOutlaw 1000 belt driven pump for the car. I ditched the bracket on it and ordered the body mount bracket from waterman's for the cable drive. Lucky for my the snout on both pumps are the same size so the bracket fits right onto the manganfuel pump.

Started to install the Nasty Performance tank but ran into the issue's of the bolts not being long enough. The tank fits nice, but there is no way you can use the stock straps with the stock bolts. IMO, he should just include longer bolts so less ppl are mad(seems a common issue when doing a search) when they go to install it, or at least make it like a few dollar addon. All of the tanks I have seen and the one pictured on his site have a sump, mine does not. I guess he redesigned it, but it will not clear my t-top well without notching :/ . Then the last issue will be figuring out a vent setup for this thing as it's on the side. Not going to lie, this is kind of a PITA for a $600+ tank. But I prob still would of went the same route.

Ordered a bunch of wiring form Tick for my Holley, it was on backorder or something(think it's all drop shipped from holley). Check on the status today and it went to the wrong address. So will prob be waiting a while on that stuff as Tick sorts it out. Also waiting on my custom cam from them, emailed martin for an update. But that should be ready any day now.

Ditched the truck manifolds and picked up a set of headers made for a single turbo kit. Plan to just use the headers and Eric will make the rest.

The org. AEI plate I purchased was their thinner one and when I was going to use an alum block. So plan to sell the one I have an goto the thicker full AEI motor plate. Also plan to sell the AEL midplate I have and have eric make me a custom one.

The ARE pump I have is for a SBC, going to see about switching it out for an LS1 specific one to make life easier on mounting it. If this is the case, then I will most likely sell my ATI balancer and get the ATI balancer with the gear to drive it where the A/C pulley was.

Did some research into the NHRA rules on a relocated battery. Since I am not running a Firewall, it needs to be in a sealed and vented box. It does not matter if it is a drycell or not. So I ordered a Taylor's box. Brian Black says he can get me the wiring for the batt, so will go that route once I am there. Also ordered a flaming rivers batt. cutt off to go with everything.

The sexy Iq3:

The even sexier turbo's:

Nasty tank that's going to need some work:

The soon to be power plant:

trying to figure out how we are going to get this ARE pump to fit:

Batt box:

rear bumper support with chute mount:

measuring the pump to see if the waterman bracket will fit:

The all-pro's:

Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....this is one sick street car. I have a question tho are you using the stewarts pump alone for cooling ?
Old 02-18-2015, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 345LSX
Wow....this is one sick street car. I have a question tho are you using the stewarts pump alone for cooling ?
Yes.

Plan to also use an oil cooler also. With the block being half filled, a lot of cooling will prob come from the oil cooler.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mean street car you put together man
Old 03-16-2015, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love all the pics! I'm ever so slowly putting my turbo car together.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Build looks great.

Like all the others, I had the same problem with the Nasty tank and thought the same thing about the bolts. I surely would have sprung for 10 dollars extra in bolts or even appreciated a heads up on the matter.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

I haven't posted any updates in a while, so figured I would now.

Chassis work is going slow as MWC is trying to finish up Ray Litz's car. So no really updates there.

Sold the 408.

Having AES build be a Dart 427 with all the upgrades. Picked up a crank and rods from a buddy:

I contacted ARE and they told me to send in the drysump pump I had and we might be able to switch it out. That didn't go as planned and to buy a new 5 stage setup for a LS would be $1,500.00. So I got the pump I had back and just planned on getting some diff headers that are up and forward to give me a lot of room down low for accessories.

I found a set of headers made by Cody Loveland from Lovefab. These were org. made for Veee8's Car on here, then went to the cookie monster car, and then found their way to me. Talk about a heavy duty set of headers. I need to weight them, But I would guess each side is an easy 25#'s. I'll have to take some measurements, but it is suppose to be schedule 80(by the weight, that seems right). So .2" wall size. I bet the pair of headers I planned to use before weight less than a single one of these.

Some pics of it on other cars/motors:

My custom chiseled 3k intercooler was finished and is now at MWC ready to be mounted also. One is a buddies, the other is mine.

Bought LastLs1's wing from his car. Was custom Made for him by MWC. I also purchase some carbon sticker to put over it as I am trying to keep the car a red/black theme.

Should cover things for now.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Belt drive fuel pump, oliver rods, dart block? Balling
Old 03-18-2015, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The Dart Block is pain in **** to get to seal up with a wet sump pan from Stef's, I have one and its my number one complaint!

I am really curious to see how this combo does as its is very similar to what I have in my car. I have a Dart LS 427 with TFS 245s, 80e, and had 76/68s turbos. I made 1160 on 26lbs with those tiny turbines, I have since gone to a billet wheel 75/75 and will have new number soon. I will push it towards 30lbs, basically as up to the point where the car isn't making power anymore on the dyno.

I also was thinking about the Comp turbos but decided to stay with Turbonetics in order not to have to change a bunch of stuff with my turbo kit.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IronBlocked
Belt drive fuel pump, oliver rods, dart block? Balling
No college for the little one!

Originally Posted by transam69230
The Dart Block is pain in **** to get to seal up with a wet sump pan from Stef's, I have one and its my number one complaint!

I am really curious to see how this combo does as its is very similar to what I have in my car. I have a Dart LS 427 with TFS 245s, 80e, and had 76/68s turbos. I made 1160 on 26lbs with those tiny turbines, I have since gone to a billet wheel 75/75 and will have new number soon. I will push it towards 30lbs, basically as up to the point where the car isn't making power anymore on the dyno.

I also was thinking about the Comp turbos but decided to stay with Turbonetics in order not to have to change a bunch of stuff with my turbo kit.

IDK what i will do yet pan wise. Either the moroso rails and my current dry sump pan or a custom dry sump pan for it. Prob is price. Custom pan is $800ish and to use my current pan about $220. We will see once I get closer.

I tihnk a lot of guys just get the off the shelf stuff from Comp, I had them put the largest turbine that would fit this housing in. So I'm hoping they can make about 2k HP at the crank. If they do as good as I hope, I will prob go back to them and get some bigger ones. But for now, the 67's should do just fine!

Quick Reply: Street Driven MWC 25.3 AES 427 Twin Turbo Glide E85 Build