Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FAST E-dist and Crank Trigger box?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack,

I know when I was out a SEMA last fall, the GEN 7 still required an aftermarket crank trigger. They did state they where working on a there software to make the stock LS1 crank sensor work. I assume from your post that it is finally out?? I can't make up my mind for which system to use for our 62' Nova Pro-Touring project. Motor is a big twin turbo setup and we want maximum ability!

I would rather use a system that utilizes the factory sensors so the GEN7 is out in front. What do you guys know about "Big Stuff"??
Old 06-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GEN 7 has it's own decoder box that ships with the LS1 system. No need for a crank trigger, the DFI can plug right in and use the existing stock sensors and coils.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Yah the Gen7 has a crank decoder that comes with it now.

BS3 reportedly is plug'n play, and no connectors need to be redone. I believe that it would be hard to get one of the first 20 BS3 boxes, so maybe check with Kurt @ W2W to check availibility.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Justin, the standalone conversion has/was/is pretty hard FYI. In the end, the crank box is not hard to put in but the eDIST is time consuming and we had to look at the paperwork a few times before starting on it.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Big Stuff is just now filling back order's.
The system is stand alone with no adapters. Plugs directly into coils, cam sensor, tps, map (need to know 1-2-3 bar when ordering) and stock crank position sensor. It will raise the bar in affordable aftermarket ECU's.
Kurt
Originally Posted by 9D9LS
Jack,

I know when I was out a SEMA last fall, the GEN 7 still required an aftermarket crank trigger. They did state they where working on a there software to make the stock LS1 crank sensor work. I assume from your post that it is finally out?? I can't make up my mind for which system to use for our 62' Nova Pro-Touring project. Motor is a big twin turbo setup and we want maximum ability!

I would rather use a system that utilizes the factory sensors so the GEN7 is out in front. What do you guys know about "Big Stuff"??

Quick Reply: FAST E-dist and Crank Trigger box?