Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost Creep after Eboost2

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Boost Creep after Eboost2

All last year I ran a manual boost controller and had no issues with turning up the boost on it and it holding pressure all the way through the rev range. I just recently installed a Eboost 2 and after playing with the set points noticed I start getting boost creep up in the revs.

Anyone else had issues similar to this? If I drop all of my values to run off the wastegate spring I have no issues, but turning up the SP at all I see it creep every time at 5500 rpms. Could a kink or plug or something in my lines cause this issue? Basically anything over 7 psi I start to see creep.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm running a cammed SBE LS1 on a Turbonetics 7575 with a 44mm wastegate. Seen other setups people have with similar setup have no issues so it leaves me completely stumped.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

As is always the case.

Draw a schematic of exactly how you have the system plumbed.

Where have you the gate pressure and sensitivity set to ?
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check out those pro paint skills!

Having worked with pneumatics for a bit and knowing the ports, the plumbing for the valve that turbosmart had planned for it did always kind of confuse me, 1 is usually your working port (air in), 2 is working port (air pushing), and 3 is the exhaust (air leaving).

Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

you can try turning the sn down also turn the gp to 0 till you have the sp set too hold your the psi your trying for
Old 04-10-2015, 04:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Check out those pro paint skills!

Having worked with pneumatics for a bit and knowing the ports, the plumbing for the valve that turbosmart had planned for it did always kind of confuse me, 1 is usually your working port (air in), 2 is working port (air pushing), and 3 is the exhaust (air leaving).

Hope this helps.
In that it looks like ( although would need to check that's what each port number refers to as dont have one beside me )

w/g = common

turbo = n/o

atmos = n/c

ie so de-energised you get base spring pressure with boost assisting to blow the gate open, this typically gives base gate spring pressure.

energised 100% duty no boost goes to the gate at all, and it is vented to atmos giving max boost within w/g and EGBP limitations
Old 04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
In that it looks like ( although would need to check that's what each port number refers to as dont have one beside me )

w/g = common

turbo = n/o

atmos = n/c

ie so de-energised you get base spring pressure with boost assisting to blow the gate open, this typically gives base gate spring pressure.

energised 100% duty no boost goes to the gate at all, and it is vented to atmos giving max boost within w/g and EGBP limitations
Ya, poking around in the instructions yesterday I found one other way of plumbing it that makes more sense that involves port 1 going to the turbo and venting port 3 which with my limited knowledge of the valve makes more sense based off the ports and how they work. Will give it a shot later today and see if I can get anything to change. Doing it this way it mentions to do it that way if you have a lot of back pressure which could be the case for me.

Redss82 - I played with the sensitivity and turning it down to 0 I got the wavy readings like they show in their manual with it turned down. I'll try playing with the GP and see if it has any effect if re plumbing it this other way doesn't work. I don't think I have played with the GP much not expecting it to affect anything other then how boost comes in at the beginning and having little to no effect on it at the end of the revs, but is worth a shot.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:10 PM
9 Second Club

GP and SN can both cause ( or help rectify ) issues, set them to zero and only start increasing after you have fairly steady boost via the setpoints

Quick Reply: Boost Creep after Eboost2