Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Denmah - MS tuners need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Denmah - MS tuners need some advice

well I'm looking to pop my Megasquirt cherry but I want to try something different with it that I think MAY be easy

I want to keep the factory ecm and injectors in place and add a Megasquirt to be an additional injector controller.

I'll need a custom intake, but the thought is to have the megasquirt activate a secondary pump (4303 or similar) at zero psi, and have the additional fueling supplied by the secondary injectors running either race gas or alchy

will this work ok? not sure what the factory ecm will do when it maxes out and then sees the additional fuel come on but as long at the wide bands on the megasquirt keep it where I want it, I think it could work!!

it would be much cheaper than the setup I'm looking at now.

thanks for any advice!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Teching In

it'll do that just fine as long as you can get it a good rpm signal, but you'll still need the stock pcm tuned accordingly
Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Not the best idea IMO. If your buying an MS ECU anyway, use it to control both injectors. It can then transition between the 2 injector banks easily. Doing it as you describe will work, but it will be more difficult to transition and you'll have much less overall control.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks!

I've thought about this too. tuning two separate systems and getting them to mesh well might be more complicated.

integration of the aftermarket ECMs on the late model CAN bus stuff can be a pain driving the gauges, tranny, ect...

I've got a C5 and an wrestling with which way to go.

I believe I'll stick with the Haltech and get off my duff and get it installed!

Quick Reply: Denmah - MS tuners need some advice