Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

To stroke or not to stroke. That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To stroke or not to stroke. That is the question.

Sup guys? Im currently building an lq9 motor and im trying to decide what crank to put in this thing. Im gonna run boost for sure. Hopefully a twin turbo set up. I just dont know if it is beneficial to stroke or destroke a motor with a turbo set up. Or should i just forge the hell out of the motor and leave everything the same.?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Cromer
Sup guys? Im currently building an lq9 motor and im trying to decide what crank to put in this thing. Im gonna run boost for sure. Hopefully a twin turbo set up. I just dont know if it is beneficial to stroke or destroke a motor with a turbo set up. Or should i just forge the hell out of the motor and leave everything the same.?
if it was me I will just forge it .
Old 04-20-2015, 04:47 PM

That was my plan at first. But i got side tracked reading other post and thinking too much. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:40 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

Just forge it, then you will have thicker cylinder walls and money left over (not really) for other things. There are lots of 370 ci engines running boost around here. https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=28440504
Old 04-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Sorry I logged in on my other account. Thanx for the input. I think that's what I'm gonna go with. Seems more practical for the street as well.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems with those blocks strokin em makes the piston hang out the bottom to much. I personally have a stroked ls3 and it aint breakin so idk why ppl bitch about stroked boosted motors other than you can rev as high n u have side load... but still.. more power down low is fun on the street

Quick Reply: To stroke or not to stroke. That is the question.