Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

S475 on a STOCK 5.3 tahoe...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 242 Likes on 169 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Just my .02, but for towing I would prob use belt driven (I know you didn't want that) I think its a little more predictable and you could pulley it for the RPM range you want power
I used one on my plow truck, and towed a couple times with it (you have to watch the boost under a load so you don't rattle the motor)
and it worked great
Prob no one will agree with me, but that's just what I experienced
Be interesting to see what you come up with and how it works
I wonder if anyone ever built a NA stroked 6.0 for towing, and how that worked
Old 06-05-2015, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
Correct it is "illegal" to remove the emissions stuff just like on a gas vehicle. Obviously there are ways around that though.
That's what I was thinking.

ps-I would get free fuel when available. We have like I think over 40k pounds of it. It isn't ALWAYS available though but, almost always.

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Just my .02, but for towing I would prob use belt driven (I know you didn't want that) I think its a little more predictable and you could pulley it for the RPM range you want power
I used one on my plow truck, and towed a couple times with it (you have to watch the boost under a load so you don't rattle the motor)
and it worked great
Prob no one will agree with me, but that's just what I experienced
Be interesting to see what you come up with and how it works
I wonder if anyone ever built a NA stroked 6.0 for towing, and how that worked
I do appreciate your experience. For years, I modded H2's and escalades...etc... I have done heads and cam, magnachargers, turbos, centrifugals, you name it. The heads and cam,....ended up being too top end...and lost some bottom end torque on the big heavyweight vehicles. I did a procharger setup, this was a towing setup. It worked but, the boost vs rpm on that application ended up being to me, too much up top, not enough down low. I did NOT tow with it, the customer did. I think we ran 12psi on the big beast. The rear mounts, unfortunately was on show trucks,...lifted ones, etc. So much chrome and equipment,...giant tires,...I don't think it would have moved well if you dropped it out of a plane.

On the turbo ones though, I'll tell you, they did start to feel good in 2nd and 3rd gear. Just first, was a wash(rear mounts).

The best feeling setup,..out of the box, again the ones I did, where indeed the intake mounted blowers. Instant boost..etc. The right turbo, will do the same BUT I believe it would need to be a front mount.

Quick Reply: S475 on a STOCK 5.3 tahoe...