Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI Steel Brack just received

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATI Steel Brack just received

I just got my bracket in from True tech. It looks great and fits like a champ. The finish on it, is awesome, It is a chrome Nickel plating.

Just wanted to share. Dave at www.truetechperformance.com said he has 10 if anyone is interested.
This was for my 2002 Trans Am with a D-1SC or F1 blower, The P-1SC should be exactly the same. My aluminum one was slipping this one is steel.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

you got that thing running yet? everytime i go down there i see your car just setting in the corner...
Old 06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the fit for this steel bracket?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How much does it cost?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
How much does it cost?

Old 06-10-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is this the same guy who is doing the other ones?
Old 06-10-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I doubt it...... Mine was $200 shipped and it wasnt nickel chrome plated.
Kyle
Old 06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

So this one could potentially turn into a rust bracket with the right moisture conditions
Old 06-10-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
So this one could potentially turn into a rust bracket with the right moisture conditions
So can the ones we bought from automotion for 200 bucks That is why I had to sand mine down and throw a coat of paint it. It was already rusty from automotion when I got it.
J
Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Without trying to start something. The whole point of plating the piece is so that it will not rust. It is not the same guy and the piece fits perfect and it is $150.00 with the plating.

The piece is electricly charged then the plating is applied, so it will not flake off. Very Very nice.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 06-10-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default To Black Z93

That was very uncool....Just Kidding, How do you think I feel everytime I go down there.

I think the quality of work has been great.
I think the staff is very friendly, though they should be when you spend $15K. (just Kidding)
This did not include the price for all of the hardware, block, crank, etc.
I personally like the entire crew. I think they are probably some of the most qualified people I have dealt with, certainly more so than the individual that did my first setup. I refuse to mention names, but he came at the recommendation of shop #2 and his work was less than what I was expecting to the extent of damaged pushrods and shaftrockers. It would be nice to be able to drive my car, however, I am as much to blame as they are. They waited 2 months after they got my car to start on it, and they have recently been waiting on parts that I ordered, not to mention when they ran the first engine dyno test, I got pissed and sold the blower, and injectors and insisted on a intercooler, bigger injectors and a F1 blower, so in my opinion I would say that we are both to blame for the delay. I told Mike I really wanted to see 800 and I didn't care if it was HP or TQ.

All that said, intercooler installed extremely nice custom job, thanks JOE., radiator installed, AC condensor not installed yet, but everything else appears to be on the car and ready to be tuned. This project has taught me to have an imense amount of patence. I can remember a time in my life that I would have exploded by now. I am certain even with the amount of stuff that I have done, I will return to their shop later to have modifications done not because they are one of the two shops in town, but I really trust Mike and his talent. It did not start that way because of unmentioned circumstances, and I had to earn his respect.

The other shop I also consider friends, and they house some very talented people and I would recommend them just as much. Though, I would consider more specialized in the art of restoration from the chassis up. I have never seen that kind of work anywhere like they do in regards to restoration. Both owners have immaculate cars, and I have toured their shop and find it to be very impressive. The only reason that I would not take my car to them now is that Mike knows the engine and the work he and his crew has done, and in my opinion it would not be to my advantage to change in the middle of the game. I think it is important that the engine builder be intimate with their work on your car.

Hopefully by the end of June, I may be driving my car, I have been without it since October.

I find this odd and want to share it.

1st custom car 1986 Pontiac Fiero, Very Custom Stereo install. Was in (2) domestic Mags and (2) international mags, budget was $100,000. you can see it www.perigee.net/~lunapark, The shop that did the custom work took 1.5 years to complete. Every cent I had at the time went into this project and I am still paying for it.

2nd custom car 1987 Fiero, All I asked for was I bought a 3.4 Liter 60 degree V6 and took it to a shop that specialized in this conversion. 1 YEAR

3rd custom car 1988 Fiero, took it to Oklahoma, had a Northstar V8 installed, absolutely B@@ A@@. Sold it to buy TA. 1 YEAR

4th Custom Car 2002 Pontiac Trans Am,
1st set of upgrades Blower, head, cam, header, exhaust, 2 months
2nd set of upgrades, C5-R block(3 days), 427, blower, same heads, cam, new headers, 9" rear end (6 weeks promised 3 by Mark Williams), carbon drive shaft (3 weeks), Custom Radiator (4 weeks), custom ac condensor (3 days), New F1 Blower (5 days), Custom Intercooler (4 weeks) all in all they have had the car 8 months and as you can see there are things here in which they had no control over. 4 months would be 1 year, but I really feel no later than the end of June.

I actually said after the Northstar that I would never do this again. I went to Rocking ham with a friend shortly after buying it, her husband had a 500 RWHP Mustang and wanted me to race. For $15.00 I said sure what ever. After the wnd run getting myself shut down by a TA. I went to leave and said the following. "When I return, this will never happen again", I guess we will see.

Bryan
Old 06-10-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

be nice to get to see that thing on the road
Old 06-11-2004, 06:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz93
you got that thing running yet? everytime i go down there i see your car just setting in the corner...
Originally Posted by blackz93
be nice to get to see that thing on the road
Dang, dude.. give him a break!

People's car sit until they get it together... that's life.

The best advice any mechanic ever gave any race enthusist is, "Don't run it until it's ready".
Old 06-11-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was a simple question...
Old 06-11-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's ok, at this point it is almost a joke with my friends. I get asked every day by my neighbors, and co-workers.

I did go by and see it today. They got the pipe installed from the blower to the intercooler. The ATI race blow off valve is very serious. I bet this thing sounds like a jet airplane taking off.

bryan

Quick Reply: ATI Steel Brack just received