Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Power steering line recommendations..

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power steering line recommendations..

Finally got the car up and running and I'm having a horrible time getting the power steering working correctly.. I ordered the parts through Summit that are listed in the above sticky. Everything seems to be a good fit but as soon as you start the car and put pressure on the system, it literally pours. Drained the whole reservoir in about 3 miles of driving. All the fittings are AN fittings. Took it all apart yesterday and used O rings on the fitting going into the rack and used Teflon tape on everything, same results.

The car blows the tires off pretty bad way up into 3rd and it's pretty damn scary trying to fight it with 275 tires on front. I know CBR makes a good kit but I done spent over 100$ on this a few months ago. Any ideas?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same issue and it took redoing the lines three times before there wasn't an issue. They aren't as forgiving as something like fuel line since it is a high pressure system.

Make sure to cut them as flat and even as possible on the teflon hose. Anything that has a little bit of a flap will fold in and cause problems, that was at least one of mine. Other one I forced it in at a bad angle and ended up tearing some of the teflon wall off. Third time was the charm for me. I think next time I will buy some pre made and hope they test them for leaks.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks to hear.. Did you buy the same ones mentioned in the sticky? I'm even having issues leaking from the rack.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure if I have missed the link in the stickies here but I did this one -

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ing-lines.html

You are o-ringed down at the rack right? My rack was leaking at the cap on the top of where the fluid pumps in after I had cleaned it, ended up replacing it. You aren't chasing that are you?

Also throw on a bank clamp on your return line. I didn't run with one for a while since i forgot to throw one on and was fine for the last few months but started leaking pretty consistent drips recently around the reservoir return.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Best I can tell it looks like it's pouring at the connections on the rack..it's probably leaking elsewhere but I finally got pissed and ordered a CBR kit. I'll try a couple more things do I can possibly send it back. Another 170$ tiEd up in it.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, that link is also linked in one of the stickers above, that's what I'm so confused about it leaking so bad.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As much as it sucks pull apart the fittings and see if the nylon got clipped anywhere. Everything needs to be perfectly flat with nothing rolling over or causing any folds. Giant PITA for sure.

If it's leaking at the rack did you strip out the threads maybe? Only thing this up because a buddy and I had a similar issue of trying to tighten something earlier this week and stripping the threads.

Quick Reply: Power steering line recommendations..