Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2 Turbo questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS2 Turbo questions.

I'm looking at turbo setups with the following parameters.
Stock LS2
Twin turbo (space & location constraints), Air to air.
Daily capable Street tune (93 octane)
Will address fueling as necessary (injectors,pump)

Eventually I'd like to cam and build the bottom end (stock cubes) maybe lower the compression and hit it a little harder, so I'd like to keep "room to grow" a factor.

I see the APS GTO twin turbo kit making 545whp on low. The turbos look like like fairly ordinary T3 sized turbos.

Ive been considering the garrett GT3076R (also available with a larger .82 housing.) Does this seem like a good choice? What would be a comparable choice from say precision?

Last edited by hefftone; 09-27-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about twins but I have a stock bottom end LS2 with a pte 7675 if you want to check out my build thread
Old 09-27-2015, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

Anti_Venom99 that is some badass stuff.

I have been looking at this page, but the bottom is all messed up and illegible...is it just me?forcedinductions.com/help.htm
Old 09-27-2015, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

It's all messed up
Old 09-28-2015, 06:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by hefftone
I'm looking at turbo setups with the following parameters.
Stock LS2
Twin turbo (space & location constraints), Air to air.
Daily capable Street tune (93 octane)
Will address fueling as necessary (injectors,pump)

Eventually I'd like to cam and build the bottom end (stock cubes) maybe lower the compression and hit it a little harder, so I'd like to keep "room to grow" a factor.

I see the APS GTO twin turbo kit making 545whp on low. The turbos look like like fairly ordinary T3 sized turbos.

Ive been considering the garrett GT3076R (also available with a larger .82 housing.) Does this seem like a good choice? What would be a comparable choice from say precision?
Without some sort of goal, intended use etc etc, whether any turbos are a good choice or not is hard to say.

Is it even going into a GTO ? Are you using parts from an existing kit ? How much space do you even have for turbos etc ? The APS kit uses small turbos for a couple of reasons...firstly it was intended as a simple bolt on mild upgrade and then there isnt much room in the first place.

Precision do direct replacements for the Garrett's, or they'd do many of their own equivalent size options. A/R will depend on whether you want T3 or T4 flanged units.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Without some sort of goal, intended use etc etc, whether any turbos are a good choice or not is hard to say.

Is it even going into a GTO ? Are you using parts from an existing kit ? How much space do you even have for turbos etc ? The APS kit uses small turbos for a couple of reasons...firstly it was intended as a simple bolt on mild upgrade and then there isnt much room in the first place.

Precision do direct replacements for the Garrett's, or they'd do many of their own equivalent size options. A/R will depend on whether you want T3 or T4 flanged units.

Not GTO, but first gen CTS-V. Similarly I'm looking to mount in the catalytic converter location, so physical size is a considerable constraint.
Horsepower.... I mean the more the better, but given the restraints of stock bottom end, stock compression and 93 octane....I'm trying to find a sweet spot for these limitations. Would like to be 600whp..with some head room for meth and eventually built motor on....but still need drivability....... So really to be honest, I am more flexible with the output....I'm thinking 1200 is possible with 2 gt35s.......not sure how much larger those are than the GT30Rs (x2 good for 1000?) All the meanwhile I want to keep it safe enough to not break a ringland.
I understand the fundamentals of turbocharging...and how two turbos will have different characteristics (response/output) but when it comes to selection for a given engine I have practically zero first hand experience.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hefftone
Not GTO, but first gen CTS-V. Similarly I'm looking to mount in the catalytic converter location, so physical size is a considerable constraint.
Horsepower.... I mean the more the better, but given the restraints of stock bottom end, stock compression and 93 octane....I'm trying to find a sweet spot for these limitations. Would like to be 600whp..with some head room for meth and eventually built motor on....but still need drivability....... So really to be honest, I am more flexible with the output....I'm thinking 1200 is possible with 2 gt35s.......not sure how much larger those are than the GT30Rs (x2 good for 1000?) All the meanwhile I want to keep it safe enough to not break a ringland.
I understand the fundamentals of turbocharging...and how two turbos will have different characteristics (response/output) but when it comes to selection for a given engine I have practically zero first hand experience.

Relocated alternator<br/>

Quick Reply: LS2 Turbo questions.