Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Forged ls7 and boost questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged ls7 and boost questions

My car has been done for a little while now and is a tsp built ls7 with a btr stage 3 cam, not a max effort setup by any means but hp is addicting. Car is a 99 HOSS with MWC suspension and a tick t56.

I know I could get more out of it NA and could put a shot on it but heck the money spent to get maybe another 50hp NA and a nitrous kit I think I could easily go turbo. I bought this motor used with it have around 800-1000 miles on it and he had a f1c procharger on it and it made around 780rwhp. Im sure it couldn't have been much boost bc they had about a 1/8" thick head gasket on it to lower the compression for boost. Compression ratio now is 11.8. with the gm ls7 headgaskets. II looked up a few builds one being sbe ls7 with 13.8.1 compression and e85 and it made I think around 830ish whp on I think it was 6psi of boost with a s480.

So im guessing since mines been around that hp with a stupid 1/8" head gasket and pump gas and a sbe one with 13.8 compression and e85 has been more than what mine was then it should be pretty reliable then around 800-850 whp range on e85 and 11.8 compression? I dont know a ton about turbo stuff but I can learn, my car was bone stock and then I put the ls7 in along with everything else on my car and have tuned it also. Any advice is appropriated!

Quick Reply: Forged ls7 and boost questions