Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Skinnies / Fr8train / Red Dragon / Dat Maro...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Between Fr8train and the red turbo Camaro, who's faster? I assume they've raced each other a few times before.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

What I thought was funny was Shawn talking about his car and Chief's car like they weren't visible in the background of most of the shots..
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It always surprises me the amount of people on the Street Outlaws Facebook page or comments on the internet rip the show on how its scripted, or fake. The reality is that "yes" it is scripted, and "yes" the streets are closed. So hearing Shawn and his buddy talk about "I wish my car was there so I would race the Crow and Murder Nova" when their cars could be seen in the background fires some people up. Not me. Could it have been edited better? Sure. But let's look at things from a whole: its a show about street racing. Yeah, its scripted, but the outcomes of the races are not. There isn't a single other show on TV out there about street racing. Not only that, but this episode showed some folks from this forum. In my book, that's badass. And I'll continue watching and supporting the show because I am a fellow street racer and I like seeing the show on TV.

On another topic, every YouTube video I have seen of Fr8trains car has shown it spinning. I know it makes like 1,000 RWHP, but getting a spot on the show I think I would have at least asked to borrow someones slicks for a better run or something.

The rain and bad races between Farmtruck, and also the red camaro sucked. I was wishing more than anything Farmtruck would have given him his money and raced again for nothing just to see the actual race. Same thing wit the red camaro (not sure what it broke). Really awesome to see these cars. Really was hoping to see some good races. I am glad that skinnies got to rock Boosted. That was the coolest part to me.

Hopefully we see more of these in the future.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It is by far the best car show on tv right now, but that doesn't mean it can't be better.

Face it, we are experts when it comes to this stuff, so it's hard for us not to miss obvious things like fake dubbed in sounds.

In the end, it's entertainment, and I was entertained watching it.... and will continue watching it.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
What I thought was funny was Shawn talking about his car and Chief's car like they weren't visible in the background of most of the shots..
I laughed at that too, guess no one wanted to race them? When he said that I knew they wouldn't go there without their cars then I first noticed Chief's car in the background. Best episode in a while. I look forward to seeing some rematches.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
It is by far the best car show on tv right now, but that doesn't mean it can't be better.

Face it, we are experts when it comes to this stuff, so it's hard for us not to miss obvious things like fake dubbed in sounds.

In the end, it's entertainment, and I was entertained watching it.... and will continue watching it.
Exactly.

Sucks to see cars winning by default but as others have said that's racing. Seems like Boosted's car never seems to go down the road cleanly...
Old 10-27-2015, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the win!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool skinnies
Old 10-27-2015, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool, I watch the show every week nice to see some LS guys getting after it. To bad the T/A and the Camaro didn't get a clean run. Congrats man.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lol'd when FR8 told his competition his car was actually a street car.

Handled his loss like a man with class.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I laughed at that too, guess no one wanted to race them? When he said that I knew they wouldn't go there without their cars then I first noticed Chief's car in the background. Best episode in a while. I look forward to seeing some rematches.

Exactly.

Sucks to see cars winning by default but as others have said that's racing. Seems like Boosted's car never seems to go down the road cleanly...
Agreed on both counts. I have known Skinnies for several years and have honestly wanted to see him on the show since the first episode. It was cool seeing guys I know on there.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
My favorite episode of Street Outlaws so far. Skinnies, glad that race between you and Boosted finally went down, and even happier it went your way.

Skinnies, what setup is the guy running that wanted to race Chuck? I know it's a Fox body Stang, but curious what type of setup he's running. Also, did the black Trans Am with the black Dark Star wheels get to run anyone?
It's a biiiiiig block ford with 2 kits on it, goes by Lil Nasty. The black t/a didn't race anyone.

Originally Posted by wannaB tuner
Hey skinnies, where did u guys race? Used to work at Fairfax gm plant a few years ago and that road reminded me of one in front of it. Glad to see ya spanked boosted.
we raced in front of the gm plant

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Nice job Red Dragon and Skinnies. i was hoping for a better show from the two fbodies but **** happens.

coolest vehicle on the show was the red dragon....the pro mod cars are pretty wicked though too. Must have been sick being there and watching that thing pedal it down the track. Thats the footage I wanna see!
watching the "pro mods" in person was crazy as ****, the echo from the buildings was insane.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job Skinnies. Only thing better than your fox is seeing all the pissed off Ford guys comments on 1320 facebook page and other pages. The hate they show against LS engines is more entertaining than anything.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
watching the "pro mods" in person was crazy as ****, the echo from the buildings was insane.
wicked
Old 10-28-2015, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WAtched entire show, somehow only missed boosted and skinnies run, nothing else
Old 10-28-2015, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great episode. Won't surprise me if Chuck gets his *** whooped eventually.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone needs to make a shirt showing Chuck getting his *** dragged, and then have the saying "it is what it is" on it. Dude says that every time he races because he gets his *** drug every time he races. Of all the guys on the show, I dislike him the most.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:34 AM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was very cool to see some ls cars on there, too bad that camaro had issues would be nice to see what it had.

Skinnies, I know you have put this on the site somewhere, but what setup do you have? You running an iron block lq9 408? what twin turbo's?

Also curious if you have ever had your car on the dyno?

It always makes me laugh how those guys throw out these huge numbers bragging about how they make 3000hp. Then you see them on the dyno making 1400 at the wheels.... so they have over 50% loss through the drive train???? Granted 1400 is awesome, but still nothing like they claim.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info:

soundcloud.com/chiefandshawn/chief-and-shawn-episode-3
Old 10-28-2015, 01:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

If the show wasn't filled with all the extra scripted drama the average viewer wouldn't be entertained by it. Glad it's bringing alot of attention to drag racing, but that show is freekin awful!

Congrats to the KC boys!

Always cool to see guys that race at our local track getting some TV time.

Last edited by Forcefed86; 10-28-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LFSADRG
Good info:

soundcloud.com/chiefandshawn/chief-and-shawn-episode-3
That was a good listen, last night was the first time I ever sat through a 55 minute podcast.

I cracked up when they started talking about racing Skinnies with his rain tune...LOL.

Quick Reply: Skinnies / Fr8train / Red Dragon / Dat Maro...