Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Turbo Manual Boost Control

Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo Manual Boost Control

I know its been discussed before but I don't know if I have seen an anything that really clears it up. I have 2 44mm adjustable waste gates with typical top and side fittings. Here starts my questions. With adjustable wastegates how important is it to make sure that they are opening at the same pressure(supplying air pressure w/ regulator on a bench to each and adjusting as needed)? Once you get them equal would you use the adjusters to adjust the spring pressure or wrench them down and use one boost controller to control both? The springs are only rated a 4 to 7 psi. Hope I'm explaining this right. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T them together into the boost controller
No reason to try and run them at different boost levels, i imagine it would be a pain in the *** to get them exactly the same with 2 controllers
Old 10-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Teching In

So crank the springs down since they are only rated at 4 to 7 then tee together to one controller? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just tee the wastegates together to the boost controller. Only mess with the gate springs if you want to run more than 2-2.5 times the gate boost pressure. If the springs give you 7 psi then you can likely use the manual controller effectively to 14-18 psi roughly. Any higher may become errattic
Old 10-30-2015, 12:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Unless you have some means of determining that both gates are not operating together, dont worry about it.

But you can get gates with position sensors to allow you to see how they're operating.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Manual Boost Control