Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Putting a TVS1900 head unit on a MP112 car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Putting a TVS1900 head unit on a MP112 car

Anyone with experience putting a (Magnuson) TVS1900 head unit on a Manguson MP112 kit? The threads I've read either change a 1900 for a 2300 or talk about the need for bracket/pulley work to go to the 1900 but then no details on what was necessary.

The TVS1900 head unit definitely bolts right up to the upper MP112 manifold. The problems are in the jackshaft & brackets.

The MP112 jackshaft rear bracket definitely won't bolt right up to the TVS, so you might think about keeping the jackshaft and swapping in TVS brackets (which I have). That can work (with a different size bearing in the back, which I have) but then consider the rear pulley on the MP112 jackshaft is press fit & the TVS jackshaft pulley is 4 bolt. Maybe I could find a press fit 10 rib pulley that would mate up to the TVS drive pulley(?) Unlikely, so that would probably have to be custom made.

What about just buying a jackshaft and bracket assembly that went on a TVS1900 kit and use the TVS1900 head unit + TVS1900 jackshaft and brackets but MP112 everything else. Garrett at Magnuson there said there's like a 5 thousands of an inch difference in the actual jackshaft length between the two kits so it could possibly work but it's going to require some fine measurement and machining.

Quick Reply: Putting a TVS1900 head unit on a MP112 car