Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pulley issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pulley issue

Have any of you Procharger guys ever had to have your Idler pulley rebuilt?
I have a belt squeal on my 98 C5 I cannot seem to fix. (new belts, tighter settings, etc) I have the stage II brackets and when I sight down the top of the belt to the balancer, it is DEAD ON straight. However, the procharger idler pulley seems to have a very slight "sag" to it, which is causing the belt to run at the very edge of the idler pulley, and its clear to see, that the run from it to the bottom of the balancer is NOT a straight shot. I believe (think) that this is where the squeal is coming from.
Note; I have a flip drive, so the belt is only running from the balancer to the supercharger.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2016, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Does it use the same drive like a 2000-2004 vette Procharger system-as I remember Procharger had an update some time back on the vette idler
Old 02-07-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Does it use the same drive like a 2000-2004 vette Procharger system-as I remember Procharger had an update some time back on the vette idler
It should be the same since they all used the LS1. I know they had a "stage I" system that was pretty bad and they updated to a "stage II" which is the one I have.
I sent them an email form to see if they could be purchased or refreshened but no word yet.
Thanks

Quick Reply: pulley issue