Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fixed all boost leaks and Bov and still bad problems!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fixed all boost leaks and Bov and still bad problems!

I rerouted the boost signal to the side of the intake and now the valve closes, and the rest of the leaks are fixed. Took the car to the Pro Edelbrock event today, and the best it would do is a 8.03 at 91. But i got 7-8 lbs of boost now. Only 2 things it can be the Blower pulley is slipping on the shaft or the blower is messed up. There is no belt slip at all. I think the crank pully is pinned or keyed. So now im gonna pull the motor out tommorow and inspect it for damage, and pull the crank out of my stroker motor and have it keyed along with the crank pulley if not already done and put the stroker in. Most likely gonna upgrade to an F1R or a F2. Change all nitrile fittings out and put silicon and T-bolt clamps on it so there will be no chance of boost leakage. I talked to youngs performance and they said they can wire up the full standalone system in one day and tune. Plus its only a 4 hour drive. So thats the plans for the moment. Im ready to make it a real screamer!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:20 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if you are going to be selling the 346 incher off if its in decent shape - I'd like to upgrade the stock short block one of these days

Good luck, sounds like a fair amount of work but it should be one bad-*** car when you are done.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea im gonna have my buddy that worked for LPE to look at the motor and see what up. Yea ill sell it anytime when i get it running shoulnt take but a week or two.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:49 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot me a PM with exactly what it is and how much you are looking to get when you are ready. As long as it doesnt have a rod hanging out the side I'm not worried about it, I'm going to go through it anyhow so I'd take it as-is if its reasonable.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,198 Likes on 770 Posts

Justin, why not call up Kurt @ W2W, maybe you should bring it up there for a day of going over the combo. Call up Cartek or EastSide to find out if the crank is pinned.